Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Break Barrel

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    What if one just opened the outer tube, and let the bolt head and nut press on the inner plate?
    for sure, but it's really to thin to take any load.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Maybe no Rekord trigger, but Jon's Meteor with the Weihrauch parachute seal shot beautifully (and made respectable power if I remember correctly?).
    When I fitted the piston weight too, it was nudging 12
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    And don't forget the Hobby.
    Ah yes, I'll try and remember them, I'm a bit disappointed that Knibbs don't do the .22 excite hammers.

Sadly, Craigy sold that 30.. I loved that little gun.
    That's a shame.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

My 80 , long stroked & sleeved to 23 mm , bespoke steel piston, hw 97 spring, my own shroud and barrel weight, Warren Edwards Tyrolean stock with adjustable comb so I can use a scope.🙂
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/2tb9SrMBbAx7qw8M8

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    My 80 , long stroked & sleeved to 23 mm , bespoke steel piston, hw 97 spring, my own shroud and barrel weight, Warren Edwards Tyrolean stock with adjustable comb so I can use a scope.🙂
    Nick I like this ,)

That’s a nice 80

Mike

Perfect Break barrel

Venom Mach 1 in .177 cal. In 44 years of shooting all the tuned rifles out there. Nothing beats my friends .177 Mach 1. My webley venom 80 comes a second place to this wonder gun. The Mach 1 is nearly perfect but...it's heavy, very rare and expensive now. Mach 1.5

That’s a great looking rifle

Beautiful.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

It's nice to see a traditional style stock as some of the stocks made by these bespoke stock makers can be a bit challenging to look at but that ones beautiful.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

My 80 , long stroked & sleeved to 23 mm , bespoke steel piston, hw 97 spring, my own shroud and barrel weight, Warren Edwards Tyrolean stock with adjustable comb so I can use a scope.��
    And there was me thinking my one-upmanship from Venom's spec (one-downmanship ?) was enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ali-C View Post
    After not using one for nearly 15 years the springer bug has bitten again, thanks in no small part to the purchase of a lovely 21mm TX200 that’s earned me 3 points shy of my PB on its first time round a HFT course!
    Now comes the trouble, I have a nice PCP for pest control, a fine underlever for HFT, but I find myself lacking in a break barrel to round out the cabinet. I’ve always liked the idea of a brummie made Longbow, even better if it’s a Venom tuned one! But I’d like to know, if money was no object, what would be your perfect break barrel?

Ali
    If you like a heavy gun an HW80 with a light scope on

If you prefer a medium weight HW95 with heavy scope and mod on

A well sorted Diana 31/34 EMS is a medium option

All the older stuff risks spares problems now, same re parts for anything 'Walther'. There is a reason HW models stay in production and dominate.

I find in general a 95 shoots a bit nicer, I find that an 80 without signifiant farting about shoots better in 177 / 20 as it's about the right amount of spring (bit sluggish in 22) whereas the 95 is a tad nicer in 22.

My fave is a 95 in 20 cal, with something like a Sirocco to PH weight mod, once piece mount usually, 4-12 / 4-16 50 mm if later higher comb stock, or 3-9 40mm with lower comb earlier stocks
    V Mach type set up (stiff sports spring)
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Thanks for all the kind comments, the gun was a project inspired by having a shot with jb's 24 mm 80 👍

Will you be bringing it to The Bash, Nick?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Will you be bringing it to The Bash, Nick?
    Wouldn't it be a lovely thing Tone to be able to just go home and build what you fancy, wish I had the machinery and the skill to use them.

Pete