Thread: .22 pellets

.22 pellets

while having sort out, i came across a tin of .22 pellet's, they are not domed or pointed, they look between the 2, i am sure they are air arms pellets, i can't seem to put a picture one here, anyone any idea's on what they are.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Master Debater

Yep AA Hunters, I'm sure they used to be a little more rounded than they are now, I wouldn't swear to it but I think the shape changed when the tins changed colour, they were listed as 16.1gn as well.

JSB stratton is the pellet, my go to .22 pellet.

Ive used them for years now and there’s no difference in the AA hunters, skirts and infills just the same so Id bet there the same dies too. By the way the jsb originals are cheaper too

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

They are very similar but the Stratton goes to more of a point than the AA when you compare side by side.
    The shape change I mentioned was 10-12 years ago,
    I bought a Pellpax selection pack & the hunters shot very well from my S510, so I bought a tin and they were much more angular than the Pellpax ones .

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    JSB stratton is the pellet, my go to .22 pellet.

Ive used them for years now and there’s no difference in the AA hunters, skirts and infills just the same so Id bet there the same dies too. By the way the jsb originals are cheaper too

Chris
    Have you bought any recently Chris and are they as good?

Quote Originally Posted by number10 View Post
    Have you bought any recently Chris and are they as good?
    Yes Ive bought regularly and there great

They are identical to AA, years back I seem to remember the JSB stratton to be sharper pointed but that may be my old grey matter drifting, the last few years they are the same, and one size to 5.50 but irrelevant as they just seem to shoot so well in all but one of my rifles.
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

found that interesting