Thread: Transporting Airguns to Europe

Transporting Airguns to Europe

Hi guys. First Post in a while. I have moved to France a year or so back and have now decided to stay here. Does anyone know how to transport my airguns across here. They are all below the 12 ft/lb limit. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have contacted the local courier companies to no avail.

France has different airgun law to the UK, so first off check the legal side, I'm sure you cannot do any form of pest control or hunting with air in France,
    I'm not sure if you need to be in a gun club to own one, or if you can shoot (plink) at home.

Then you have the UK export law because even sub 12 are legally covered by firearms law so require a customs licence to permanently export,
    I imagine French customs have their own import rules as well.

So short answer is it's a PITA & probably not worth the effort.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    From what I remember, the French class air rifles as toys and if you want to hunt, then using a rimmy or shitty is their preferred method but I have seen air rifles in many French houses and I think a blind eye is turned if a pigeon or two are taken, why don't you just put them in the boot if your car and bring take them over, the power level in France is a bit higher than here, so it shouldn't be a problem, try asking Tinbum as he now lives in France and can probably shed more light on it.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    From what I remember, the French class air rifles as toys and if you want to hunt, then using a rimmy or shitty is their preferred method but I have seen air rifles in many French houses and I think a blind eye is turned if a pigeon or two are taken, why don't you just put them in the boot if your car and bring take them over, the power level in France is a bit higher than here, so it shouldn't be a problem, try asking Tinbum as he now lives in France and can probably shed more light on it.

Pete
    Agreed, Nick should know the score
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Smile Traveling in Europe with your guns

Today whilst trying to find 2nd hand guns in Germany, I came accross this site https://www.whfto.com/index.php/whft...with-an-airgun
    It might not be relevant to France but you never know, knowledge is power

good luck hope you get sorted

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Easiest way might be to drive them yourself.
    Master Debater

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Easiest way might be to drive them yourself.
    and if they are worth anything (if not, why bother, just replace them) it's the only way I'd trust.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.