Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RWS Superfield Experience?

RWS Superfield Experience?

Afternoon all, what’s everyone’s experience with these? At circa £11.50 a tin in .22 I thought I’d put some trust in them having had good results with other RWS pellets and bought 2 tins. However, in my HW100 K atleast, they’re flying allover the place. Sometimes a good 6 inches away from where I’m aiming. I also thought I’d give Webley Accupell FT (H&N FTT in a frock) a try and the groupings were like chalk and cheese compared to the Superfield.

Thank you in advance!

Given your gun and scope Is ok it looks like your gun does not like them, not uncommon for a rifle to be pellet fussy

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    They started off great but they changed and went crap.
    Master Debater

I had some, grouped brilliantly out of my S200. Bought another tin, exactly the same numbers etc on the tin, grouped terrible.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

My experience is adequate to down right awful....

They weren't the best in my Hw100 but also weren't terrible either, but my S510 which isn't really pellet fussy spat them everywhere , not to a 6" extent but they vertically strung with some good flyers over an 1" higher and an 1 1/2" low right as well so shall we say all inside a 3" group at fairly close quarters , if you watch Si Pittaway's (VerminhuntersTV) early review with his HW100 they were really spot on back then , think they changed them after that review to a different manufacturer. Since the change the ratings have certainly gone downhill , they are actually the worst pellet I've tried in my S510
    Last edited by brk1; 03-07-2022 at 04:37 PM.

Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

I've used them in a few different rifles. Weren't the best but certainly not the worst. As allways it's what your barrel.likes.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by brk1 View Post
    They weren't the best in my Hw100 but also weren't terrible either, but my S510 which isn't really pellet fussy spat them everywhere , not to a 6" extent but they vertically strung with some good flyers over an 1" higher and an 1 1/2" low right as well so shall we say all inside a 3" group at fairly close quarters , if you watch Si Pittaway's (VerminhuntersTV) early review with his HW100 they were really spot on back then , think they changed them after that review to a different manufacturer. Since the change the ratings have certainly gone downhill , they are actually the worst pellet I've tried in my S510
    How did they load in your HW100? I believe the problem I’m having is they can almost jamb sometimes, and take extra force of the side leaver to get a pellet into the breach. They’re the ones that end up going horrendously off target, as I imagine some damage is being taken. When they load smoothly they group pretty well, but there’s no guessing when the next stiff jamb will be so pretty useless in this gun really.

I tried them in a Hatsan pistol afterwords, resting at 35 yards (lol) and managed to hit a beer can so they can’t be totally poo!

They melt down to make good fishing weights and catapult ammo.
    B.A.S.C. member

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    just to prove the well known "if they suit your barrel" argument,, they are amazing in my JK Noblesse bullpup. Excellent accuracy out to 50 odd yards in .22 and most other stuff isn't very good.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

My stock of them is five or more years old, but I rate them as “pretty good”.

Used to be good. Very accurate in my 22 lightning. My tins were about 10 years old. Bought a new batch a couple of years ago, and they were dreadful in the same rifle. Looked shinier too so maybe a change in the manufacturing process.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Taylor View Post
    Used to be good. Very accurate in my 22 lightning. My tins were about 10 years old. Bought a new batch a couple of years ago, and they were dreadful in the same rifle. Looked shinier too so maybe a change in the manufacturing process.
    At first they where just rebadged JSB's.

Now god knows who makes them.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    My stock of them is five or more years old, but I rate them as “pretty good”.
    Every pellet is "pretty good" - if it works in the rifle you're using.