Thread: Ballistol ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ballistol ?

Anybody use it ?, i was at the range today and a guy was raving about it for cleaning his BP revolver.

Yep I use it on everything, wood, metal .
    Wife hates the smell of it .

Do you use it neat or water it down ?, this guy had it mixed with water and sprayed everything with it, barrel, cylinder, grips all soaked and then uses the same to clean it when he gets home, then dries everything and applies it neat for storage.
    He revkons his gun has never been as easy to clean, i enjoy BP but the cleaning is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidboy1 View Post
    Do you use it neat or water it down ?, this guy had it mixed with water and sprayed everything with it, barrel, cylinder, grips all soaked and then uses the same to clean it when he gets home, then dries everything and applies it neat for storage.
    He revkons his gun has never been as easy to clean, i enjoy BP but the cleaning is a pain.
    it is an excellent cleaner and rust preventer

i was told that it neutralizes the acidic salts in black powder residue
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

I use it mixed and neat on all my BP long guns and pistols, works well and doesn't hurt the wood work. A friend bought 10lt from Germany and we had 5lt each, will last me for years.