Thread: Thermal Scopes

Thermal Scopes

Has anyone put a thermal scope on a spring airgun i have a Air arms TX 200 HC was wondering if it would damage the scope .

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I'd not do it; expensive experiment. Also the near zero eye relief on some models could be a problem. Finally, think about the weight of the rig too.

Maybe just use a thermal monocular to spot ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Fully agree with the above.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

and me too

Pulsar are rated up to .375H&H, personally I can't see why not?

Thermions are rated for 6000 Joules shock resistance, their documentation clearly says they can be used on air rifles/pellet guns and there is nothing in the text that excludes spring powered ones.

I'm of the understanding thermal are used on powder burners so should be OK on springers as long as they aren't kicking like a mule.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

many firearms scopes break on springers, as they are only designed for backwards recoil, not the backwards and then forwards of a springer.

not saying they won't work, just that you can't infer one from the other...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Having said that, there would need to be a very compelling reason to make me use a thermal scope on a springer. Even if that reason was that I only had a springer, if I was spending the kind of cash that thermal requires, I would buy a PCP. You could pick up something quite servicable for this type of shooting for not a great deal of cash.

Make sure it's easy to load in the dark

I agree.. a Kral multishot PCP for ~£250 secondhand with a decent picatinny rail would seem far more suitable !