Thread: BSA Scorpion pistol (versus HW45)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Using a "Little Samson" spring balance probably intended for weighing caught fish, along with a loop of string I measured the trigger force of the Scorpion. The string loop naturally acted vertically centrally on the trigger. There are three ways to cock the trigger.

Just break the action and re-close: 1½ pounds force

Break the action and quarter cock so that the auto safety activates, then allow the spring back to rest and close the action The click is louder but still: 1½ pounds force

Load and fire the pistol: just a smidgeon [smidgeon<tad<dab] less than 1½ pounds force.

The troubled shooter kindly e-mailed me the manual (thank you) which states that the standard Scorpion trigger weight is 1½ pounds force and describes how to adjust it if desired. If Messrs BSA said it should be that, it will stay at that.

For comparison checked the HW45. I'd adjusted it just by feel when I first bought it: 2¼ pounds force whether loaded and fired or just trigger-cocked.

Who'd have thunk 'light as a feather' was as high a force as that?

I'm on a roll here... for the gas blow-back pistol I had to use a bigger spring balance: 6 pounds force

Last edited by Antoni; 25-07-2022 at 02:48 PM.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2