Thread: Webley Service Air Rifle MK2

Webley Service Air Rifle MK2

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH A VAIUATION ON THIS RIFLE
    Webley Service Air Rifle .22 This rifle recently came in to my possession , its not my thing really , so I know very little of air rifles of this age , so I will be moving it on at some point.
    The functions correctly although it is in need of a new breach seal , I understand it has been in a cupboard for a good number of years.
    The serial number is S5194 ( On both the action and the barrel )
    I have photos but cannot upload them , any assistance in valuing this rifle would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Bogder; 13-07-2022 at 12:48 PM.
    Its not the big that eat the small, but the quick that eat the slow.....

Accurate valuation is impossible without photographs, and the calibre would be helpful.
    Why can't you upload the photographs, it's so simple ?

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Accurate valuation is impossible without photographs, and the calibre would be helpful.
    Why can't you upload the photographs, it's so simple ?
    Troubleshooter thanks for your response , I have posted many photos on this site , this is my first time on the" collectibles Section" .
    In the Posting Permissions , at the bottom of the page in the collectibles it has not given me the permission to post attachments in this section ???
    I understand the importance of photos and have them available.
    I am hoping for some sort of ball park scale valuation for this model of rifle eg basket case to immaculate , or conversely e mail the photos to a member who could review and advise . Thanks
    Last edited by Bogder; 13-07-2022 at 01:45 PM.

As above, photos would nail it. Common calibre .22 value on the info provided £300 rough - £600 mint.
    Can’t say more without good pictures, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogder View Post
    Troubleshooter thanks for your response , I have posted many photos on this site , this is my first time on the" collectibles Section" .
    In the Posting Permissions , at the bottom of the page in the collectibles it has not given me the permission to post attachments in this section ???
    I understand the importance of photos and have them available.
    I am hoping for some sort of ball park scale valuation for this model of rifle eg basket case to immaculate , or conversely e mail the photos to a member who could review and advise . Thanks
    email the photographs to me troubledshooter1@btinternet.com and I will post them

Thanks for the offer of help Photos sent

Here are the photographs. The second photograph shows the calibre to be .22

Last edited by Troubledshooter; 13-07-2022 at 07:11 PM.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    The stock is obviously a later home made replacement so will affect the value.

I wondered about the stock , its not wood ,but well made out of some sort of resin material.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogder View Post
    I wondered about the stock , its not wood ,but well made out of some sort of resin material.
    So the value will only be in the action. which should be at least £250. just my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    So the value will only be in the action. which should be at least £250. just my take on it.
    I wouldn't argue with that as a minimum.

Just my personal opinion but your likely selling price might be nearer to the £200 mark (plus postage). One problem is that repair/replacing the stock just by itself could well be an expensive task in its own right. As everyone has their own view of the worth of "project guns" I sometimes think that the BBS could be well served by allowing valuation threads incorporating a facility for "hidden offers" to be forwarded to the person posting the initial valuation request. If that was the case knowledge of likely selling prices would be gained on a first hand basis and the poster would also gain some real idea as to the level of interest that their item would generate if offered for sale.

Vic Thompson
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 17-07-2022 at 06:04 AM.