Thread: Fwb127

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fwb127

Hi, just got myself one of these air rifles. In really good condition and serviced. Anyone had previous experience with them.

Smile feinwerkbau 127

i keith, ask LONEWOLF, he has one, he serviced it, and it`s running smoothly.
    kind rgds.. J.S.D. in SUNNY BELLSHILL.

Yes, I've just serviced one.....
    Quite a lot of pre load on the spring, but very sweet shooting. This one was one owner from new and needed a replacement piston head, but once stripped I just replaced everything, properly cleaned and greased I didn't want to give it back!

FWB Sport

An all time classic. Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 and Mk4. Light, accurate and power. Does have a couple of not so great points but still a lovely rifle. Mach 1.5

have one myself,easy to cock,plenty of power,accurate and looks really nice.mine has the plastic trigger,hand chequering on a quite nice beech stock.as mentioned the spring has a lot of pre-load but as yours has had a modern piston seal you can leave well alone,the old seals crumbled with age.

Quote Originally Posted by the growler View Post
    Hi, just got myself one of these air rifles. In really good condition and serviced. Anyone had previous experience with them.
    have had a few down to just three now but they have all been good uns very little to go wrong and if you know your around springers easy to get the best out of

tbh my favorite air rifle

I prefer the 124.
    A classic for good reason. Right weight and great pointability for seriously good shooting. They have all the quirks of a springer which makes shooting them fun. When you get sorted how to shoot one well then they sure do deliver.
    Love them.

Yes, very nice. From memory, the only criticism I had was the safety catch was prone to become unreliable.
    Cheers, Phil

I've always found them overrated they had a few good points but also many bad,

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    I've always found them overrated they had a few good points but also many bad,

Dave.
    Does the bad points include weak barrel lock up, piston head going into cheese, fragile safety (with plastic trigger blade on the early ones), plastic rear sight and often cracked pistol grip?

But apart from that

[ 124 & 127] Left handed factory stocks.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk