Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
It actually shoots quite nice and I know it sounds daft but cocking the gun really spoils the shooting experience.

Pete
I sympathise as I have seen a couple of rifles with this symptom. As noted, it can be due to the cocking link or shoe riding over the coils but if there is a sleeve in place then this is not so. But I have also seen a case where the spring itself was slightly too big (too large diameter) such that there was little clearance between spring and sleeve, or sometimes caused by sleeve being too thick (I have seen this with PTFE or other plastic sleeves but it can happen with much thinner steel sleeves) such that on cocking, the spring catches on the sleeve as it compresses; the sensation transmitting through the cocking action. I note the action had been 'tuned'. Maybe an aftermarket spring with a greater od than original .. fraction of a mm could do it. Or too thick a sleeve. Might be worth a check. If the spring is a quite firm sliding fit in the sleeve then maybe sleeve is too thick or another spring is needed.
Cheers, Phil