Thread: Thoughts Of Packing Air Rifle shooting In.

Thoughts Of Packing Air Rifle shooting In.

Today I receive a parcel from Paul AKA Mach 1.5 of a 3-12 x 44 PA scope which I fitted on to my most recent purchase an Artemis P15 and while deciding to give it a test fire so as to zero the rifle to the scope I decided to also take out an Air Arms MK3 TX200HC .22 with walnut stock which the previous owner had fitted a Welsh Willy kit in but had only shot a low number of pellets through and told me when I bought it to fire a few hundred more so as to bed the Welsh Willy kit in. Needless to say I fitted the scope I bought off Mach 1.5 and after zeroing it in I then put it back in its case and brought the TX200HC out to shoot pellets to bed the Welsh Willy kit in. It has a Mamba scope on but I can't remember which one but I bought it off a member on this site and it's a cracking scope. Anyway I was shooting/plinking with the rifle and finding it a nice accurate rifle to shoot when one of my daughters who's 21 yrs old came out to the garden to ask what I wanted for tea. So for a laugh after telling her what I wanted I asked her would she like a go of the TX200 thinking she'd say no as she's no interest in either shooting or fishing which I like to do. Anyway to my surprise she said yes, so after the target paper was replaced I then loaded the rifle waited for her to sit down and handed her the rifle with the safety on which was good as she put the scope right next to her eye which I hurriedly told her to move her head back if she didn't want a black eye. So after she got herself in the correct shooting position (head wise) I then told her to aim at the target and when ready push the safety off and then gently squeeze the trigger when she felt ready. Anyway she took her shot and I looked down the scope at the target which was about 25 yards away and told her I couldn't see any hole in it so she might have missed. So she then says to me " I'll go check", lo and behold less than a minute later she's laughing at me as she'd only hit the target bang on in the middle. I told her the hole was already there haha but fair do's it's the only shot she's ever fired from any rifle in her 21 years of life and she hit it dead on. I'm now thinking of packing it in as I can't live with her laughing at me.
    What am I to do ? hahaha

I like it. It’s called beginners luck but if they can put 5 in the bull then it’s time for you to stop

I have a similar issue with my wife. She only asks to shoot occasionally but she is good. I now add a few clicks to the windage before I let her use it

Shooting

Practice makes perfect. Stick at it. I've been shooting 44 years and some days I can't hit a barn door at 3 ft. Mach 1.5

as above if im not in the right mood my shots are all over the place

I mostly shoot 50+ yards and further , Its more challenging and more guess work using 3 or 4 × on the scope, For me its challenging how far away I can still get good groups the further away I go, When u hit the target with very shot the challenge goes,

More challenging is open sights at 20yds.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.