Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    Hello All
    Just want to say what a great time I had and thankyou to everyone for making me welcome. Particular respect to Neil for organising every thing.
    Got to go off grid again for a few days whilst in a house move.
    Thomas
    Lovely to have met you, Thomas, and great to hear (although hardly surprising) that you had an enjoyable maiden visit. Every single newbie that attends says the same thing and questions why they didn't take the plunge before. Hope you get those finer elements of your BSA fettles sorted once playtime allows.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    A big thank you for all your kind words.
    All the targets have been touched up. The zeroing target had to have the edges filed as the soft lead pellets had caused the 3mm mild steel plates to deform at the edges
    Have great day everyone.

Neil & Tina
    Thank you once again, Neil.

Those poor old targets don't half get a battering over the course of a Bash weekend, don't they? Testament to you (and Mick at The Hollow) as to how well they handle the repeated pounding.. It's always quite eye-opening to see how well splattered those pellets are at "Bucket range" when collecting those targets up, too.

Looking forward to May with boingy zest already. Can you put the order in for your customary sunny backdrop, please?

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And this little chap hasn't made an appearance for a few days.

BOING!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    That thing would have had the poor target running for cover!
    Just got to find something suitable to put that .25 barrel blank on now?

Thanks again Mark for that.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

Pete
    No problem Pete, glad it's earmarked for something rather than languishing in my spares drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    No problem Pete, glad it's earmarked for something rather than languishing in my spares drawer.
    I was thinking either the Xocet or the Fenman but don't really want to destroy the breech blocks as they are hard to get now, so may have to be an underlever of some sort.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Thanks for running an excellent event Neil. It was lovely to see old friends again.

To anyone shooting the 75m bucket, that was equivalent of 2 minutes of angle. Hitting that is pretty good for a blowy day.

And marvellous to see you once again, Andy.

Pete
    I was thinking either the Xocet or the Fenman but don't really want to destroy the breech blocks as they are hard to get now, so may have to be an underlever of some sort.

Pete
    Be interesting to see what it finally ends up fitted to, Pete.

Be interesting to see what it finally ends up fitted to, Pete.
    I'm trying to find something suitable Tone.

Pete

How are you doing with those chores at home, Pete? And how's my Tazzy DogDog?

How are you doing with those chores at home, Pete? And how's my Tazzy DogDog?
    Taz is fine, still got painting to do in areas where it looks alright in artificial light but is patchy in daylight, got to go over the glossed woodwork again in places where the carpet fitter cought it with his tools.

Managed to whip the spring kit into the Fenman tonight, only doing 8.6ftp but much easier to cock but the trigger is a bit unpredictable.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 23-09-2022 at 06:52 PM.

Taz is fine, still got painting to do in areas where it looks alright in artificial light but is patchy in daylight, got to go over the glossed woodwork again in places where the carpet fitter cought it with his tools.

Managed to whip the spring kit into the Fenman tonight, only doing 8.6ftp but much easier to cock but the trigger is a bit unpredictable.

Pete
    Nice to hear you're keeping on top of those jobs, Pete.

Give that fine doggy a cuddle from me.

Great to also hear you've re-commenced works on the Fenman. I don't know much about them at all. I think I've seen varying reports re the triggers / different types used etc (?). Can much be done to generally improve things? Much easier to cock is, indeed, a good place to be. Will you be seeking to up the power level or leaving at a lower level and enjoying that easier cocking effort even more and, I'm guessing, even nicer manners?

Nice to hear you're keeping on top of those jobs, Pete.

Give that fine doggy a cuddle from me.

Great to also hear you've re-commenced works on the Fenman. I don't know much about them at all. I think I've seen varying reports re the triggers / different types used etc (?). Can much be done to generally improve things? Much easier to cock is, indeed, a good place to be. Will you be seeking to up the power level or leaving at a lower level and enjoying that easier cocking effort even more and, I'm guessing, even nicer manners?
    I may tinker with it, I've found in my box of springs one that fits the original Theoben rear ram guide perfectly, so I may just see what that produces, the trigger has this horrid thing of working fine one or two shots and then not letting go and you really need to pull it and then it let's off, don't like that at all.

Pete

Hope you can get that trigger working in a more reliable fashion, Pete. Are they known for it? Much information to tap into on the subject out there?