Page 36 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

I hope a date can be set that is fine for as many parties as possible. I know Neil has quite a few things to balance re crops, work, livestock, landowners etc.......and then trying to keep us lot happy.......quite a juggling act. I'm open and flexible to any dates just subject to work accepting the holiday request for the Saturdays, so pretty lucky, really.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Pete you need to get your priorities straight mate. I mean boinger bash or luxury cruise it's a no brainer. Just tell the missus you get seasick and jump in the camper van with a load of air rifles
    Don't worry, I mentioned the dilemma to Karen and she said we can go on the cruise another time, I think she understands how much the bash is becoming apart of our lives, Karen goes on a lot of sewing retreats on her own, which is good in theory as I get a bit of play time on my own to tinker with my rifles (if there's nothing drastic need doing around the house), so it looks like all will be well.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

YAY! Top marks to that lady; she's a star!

Isn't it great how such an informal, laid back little meet of like minded nice peeps becomes such a huge part of our lives?

Long live The Boing.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Don't worry, I mentioned the dilemma to Karen and she said we can go on the cruise another time, I think she understands how much the bash is becoming apart of our lives, Karen goes on a lot of sewing retreats on her own, which is good in theory as I get a bit of play time on my own to tinker with my rifles (if there's nothing drastic need doing around the house), so it looks like all will be well.
    Bit of a result, nice one

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Yep; Zeb's well made up.

BOING!

How are my lovely BoingerPeeps doing?

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    How are my lovely BoingerPeeps doing?

BOING!
    I'm good mate, how are you?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

All good here too, thank you, Pete.

It'd just be nice to get some play time in.

I've booked some odd days off as holidays for next week and the one following, with it being the half-term break, so fingers crossed that this yields the odd opportunity or two.

All good here too, thank you, Pete.

It'd just be nice to get some play time in.

I've booked some odd days off as holidays for next week and the one following, with it being the half-term break, so fingers crossed that this yields the odd opportunity or two.
    Hopefully you can Tone, we are currently in a wet Scotland touring round but back by the weekend, so a trip to hopefully get some bits from Knibbs, going to have a go at seeing what can be done to my Brocock Indy tuning wise, I keep looking at other rifles to buy and tune but keep overlooking what I already have (I know most of them aren't the sort tuners would normally choose), so as I like going against the grain, I'm going to see what can be done with "the 'cock" after many years of ownership and not fully exploring what it might be able to do.
    Last edited by look no hands; 12-10-2022 at 09:12 AM.

I hope you continue to have a lovely break up in Scotland, Pete.

Like your good self I have rather too many projects that either aren't quite finished or need starting, so really shouldn't be looking at any extra guns. Having said that, as and when funds and space did allow, I could see an LGV and, maybe, a Tracker joining the menagerie one day. And, pistol wise, an LP53 and FWB 65/80.

I hope your Brocock project goes well. It should do, given your BSA experience. And it's nice to get something a little different shooting so nicely. That reminds me, my little Slavia 634 hasn't been out of the cabinet for ages. Must get it out for a play sometime. An off-the-beaten-track rifle that shoots beautifully after having benefitted from fitting some of Nick's guides and a good fettling.

I hope you continue to have a lovely break up in Scotland, Pete.

Like your good self I have rather too many projects that either aren't quite finished or need starting, so really shouldn't be looking at any extra guns. Having said that, as and when funds and space did allow, I could see an LGV and, maybe, a Tracker joining the menagerie one day. And, pistol wise, an LP53 and FWB 65/80.

I hope your Brocock project goes well. It should do, given your BSA experience. And it's nice to get something a little different shooting so nicely. That reminds me, my little Slavia 634 hasn't been out of the cabinet for ages. Must get it out for a play sometime. An off-the-beaten-track rifle that shoots beautifully after having benefitted from fitting some of Nick's guides and a good fettling.
    I need to get the spring kit back into it, it still has the gas ram in it that I fitted back in 2018, so that's how long it's been sat unloved, I need to strip it down again and do some measuring and then see what I can find at Knibbs.

Totally sympathise, Pete. I have projects that have been waiting in the wings for much longer than that, as I'm sure you do also. I know you'll make a nice job of this and we'll look forward to hearing about the resulting successful transformation from gas-bag to boinger.

Totally sympathise, Pete. I have projects that have been waiting in the wings for much longer than that, as I'm sure you do also. I know you'll make a nice job of this and we'll look forward to hearing about the resulting successful transformation from gas-bag to boinger.
    I have done some tuning to it in the past but I want to approach it from a different or I suppose the proper angle this time , we shall see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I have done some tuning to it in the past but I want to approach it from a different or I suppose the proper angle this time , we shall see what happens.
    As I gather from the thread you've just started, Pete.. Be nice if the piston you seek exists in another Gamo model to give you both your stroke reduction and the spring room you seek. If not, to be fair, I think I'd be quite happy with either of the other routes......your existing set-up with reduced stroke and a little less spring room or even the longer, standard stroke, albeit with, maybe, a "lazier" feel.....I wonder if there'd be a slightly longer and softer spring out there that would help?

That happy, warm buzz of a lovely Boinger Bash, spending happy times amongst fine people seems to be much longer back than four weeks ago now........