Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Hi Paul, good to hear from you, I hope you're well !
    Briefly summed up how things are in my post to Tony above which gives a general picture.
    How are you any way, you too were hoping to relocate somewhere nice weren't you, how did it go ?
    I’m well thanks John. Very sorry to hear the news regarding your wife Sue. They work wonders these days with breast cancer and I hope it all goes that way for you both.
    Yep, I made the move. Took early retirement after 38 years with London Underground and left London after 58 years born n bred. I’ve been living in The Forest of Dean for four years now, bought a nice house here three years ago. I love every minute of it and don’t miss work or London.
    I seem to remember you got into a bit of deer stalking up there ? Am I correct ?
    Anyways, take care mate, best wishes to you both and if you do, as you say, make it down South and you are anywhere near me, my door will be open for a visit any time.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Cheers for the Boing, Chris.

Hope you and the growing family are all well.
    All good here thanks mate, the grandson little Jake is wonderful and looking forward to the arrival of his first cousin in January. How is life treating you mate?

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    All good here thanks mate, the grandson little Jake is wonderful and looking forward to the arrival of his first cousin in January. How is life treating you mate?
    Excellent stuff. And a cousin for Jake on the way, too.

All okay here, thank you, my friend.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Doing fine Tony and settled in well thank you !
    Things are a little iffy just now as Sue my Wife is receiving treatment for breast cancer which is very taxing but we're upbeat and hoping for the best.

Not done much in the way of airgun shooting but I joined a local air rifle club last year and hope to spend time there very soon.

Scotland and particularly this part of Perthshire is wonderful although things do get a wee bit chilly from round about now until April time and sometimes beyond but we're adjusting to that but certainly no regrets about relocating north !

Sold a couple of nice air rifles recently and will be off-loading a few more but I still have the cream of my collection which I'll be hanging onto for a while yet !

Will be paying a visit south early next year so I could well bump into you then at some point !

All the Best !
    Hi John,

Great to hear that things have generally been okay and that you're settling into your new lives up there. I can imagine those lower temperatures being a bit of a shock to start with but more than worth it for the beauty of it up there and availability of more (and more beautiful) wide open spaces.

Sorry to hear that Sue is receiving treatment for breast cancer. As Paul says, it's remarkable what can be achieved these days and I'm sure everything will work out positively. Rest assured that myself and the assembled Boinger Bash Collective have you in our thoughts. Stay strong and positive. Work together around this and it will come good.

If you do make the trip South next year, don't hesitate in giving me a shout. It'd be lovely to meet up. Even better if your visit can be timed so you can fit in a visit to a Bash and see all the "crowd". Melv has visited Quigley Bottom a couple of times now. And the absolute bestest scenario would be to have you, Melv and JohnBaz there together at a Bash at the same time.

Next June sees the 10th birthday of The Boinger Bash. Ten years since that unknowing rabble first assembled at the hallowed Quigley Hollow not knowing what beast they had just unleashed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

BOING!

Boing
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Late "finish" again, Pauly?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post

BUT then I finish Friday for 4 month
    Are you done now then, Dave?

Enjoy that break if so and make the most of it.

By the way, the grass has grown like crazy around here recently with the very mild conditions. Might they be grabbing you to do a few hours now?

Yeah, bit of a late one last night Tone.
    Talking of grass growing, I’m hoping the cut I did earlier in the week will be the last of the year but, like you say, it’s actually still growing due to the mild temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Talking of grass growing, I’m hoping the cut I did earlier in the week will be the last of the year but, like you say, it’s actually still growing due to the mild temperatures.
    Growing or not, that's my grass cutting now done for this year

Bring on the moleing and shooting
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Perhaps you could find some bushes to trim to keep you busy, Dave ?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Perhaps you could find some bushes to trim to keep you busy, Dave ?
    I could tackle some bush cutting mate, as long as there not to big
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Yep, ours is growing mentally, Pauly.

Steady on the late ones, matey.

Sorted!

I could tackle some bush cutting mate, as long as there not to big
    You might need a trip back to the eighties to indulge in that mate!!!