Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    You might need a trip back to the eighties to indulge in that mate!!!
    I remember them days Mike , of picking hairs out ye mouth
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

The trick is to make sure they're pre-trimmed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

BOING!

By the way, HAS anyone spoken to our Gwyn recently? Hope he's okay.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    The trick is to make sure they're pre-trimmed.
    Good luck finding one of them in the 80,s

Not like now, smoooooooth
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Gotcha, Dave.......Maybe we weren't quire as selective back then?

Or more drunk?

Boingery upski.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I’m well thanks John. Very sorry to hear the news regarding your wife Sue. They work wonders these days with breast cancer and I hope it all goes that way for you both.
    Yep, I made the move. Took early retirement after 38 years with London Underground and left London after 58 years born n bred. I’ve been living in The Forest of Dean for four years now, bought a nice house here three years ago. I love every minute of it and don’t miss work or London.
    I seem to remember you got into a bit of deer stalking up there ? Am I correct ?
    Anyways, take care mate, best wishes to you both and if you do, as you say, make it down South and you are anywhere near me, my door will be open for a visit any time.
    Sincere thanks for your kind words Paul, they mean a lot at this time !

The Forest of Dean is a wonderful place, I'm sure you'll be very happy there. I hear there are plenty Wild Boar as well as deer down there should you ever wish to get into that !
    And yes, plenty of deer stalking opportunities here although I still do most of my shooting on the West Coast.

May eventually get down to the Spring Do but we'll see how things pan out here in the immediate future I think.

Atb,
    John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi John,

Great to hear that things have generally been okay and that you're settling into your new lives up there. I can imagine those lower temperatures being a bit of a shock to start with but more than worth it for the beauty of it up there and availability of more (and more beautiful) wide open spaces.

Sorry to hear that Sue is receiving treatment for breast cancer. As Paul says, it's remarkable what can be achieved these days and I'm sure everything will work out positively. Rest assured that myself and the assembled Boinger Bash Collective have you in our thoughts. Stay strong and positive. Work together around this and it will come good.

If you do make the trip South next year, don't hesitate in giving me a shout. It'd be lovely to meet up. Even better if your visit can be timed so you can fit in a visit to a Bash and see all the "crowd". Melv has visited Quigley Bottom a couple of times now. And the absolute bestest scenario would be to have you, Melv and JohnBaz there together at a Bash at the same time.

Next June sees the 10th birthday of The Boinger Bash. Ten years since that unknowing rabble first assembled at the hallowed Quigley Hollow not knowing what beast they had just unleashed.
    Hi Tony, good to hear from you and a huge word of thanks for your well wishes regarding Sue, as I said to Paul, these help in situations such as this, Thankyou !

I do hope to get back down south in the near future depending on how things turn out here and yes, just maybe I may get to a Spring Bash at some point in time, who knows. I cant remember the last time I attended one but I know it was at Mick's gaff.
    Until then, take care and all the best !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

And my very best wishes to you, Sue and the family, John.

Smile Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits.

And big white fluffy bunny wabbits at that!

Yep; 'tis the first of a month yet again and the very best of health and fortunes to all you lovely BoingerPeeps.

BOING!

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I remember them days Mike , of picking hairs out ye mouth
    Still doing that Dave, problem is they are grey, and get stuck under my dentures!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post
    Still doing that Dave, problem is they are grey, and get stuck under my dentures!
    Two questions:-

Would the grey ones be harder to trim?

Might it be better to remove dentures beforehand?

????

Smile Happy memories

We're under new ownership at work.

So I now no longer work for Allan Jefferies but work for Vertu Motircycles. All looking good and promising.

On Tuesday there were lots of people from Vertu at work to welcome us and to start installing and explaining all the new systems etc. One of the people, a lady in Marketing......used to live two doors away from my childhood (from six years old) home and I've known her since she was born. Small World, in'it? Her brother was a very good friend and we shared many special times from young childhood through to our twenties.....playing, climbing, den making, darts, throwing arrows, pushbikes then motorbikes and airguns. We shared many great times plinking and hunting, stripping and tuning and testing etc. And getting drunk. Very, very drunk!

Great times!

Smile And another fine memory

Sparked by talk on Brekkie News this morning about how to go about disposing of unwanted pumpkins.....very special memories of the last day of the last Bash at Mick's in 2019 where the late Sunday afternoon hangers-on enjoyed immense fun destroying that pumpkin. It was moaning and groaning in protest and making all sorts of amusing noises when bring pummelled to bits by a springer barrage! Brilliant, brilliant fun, peeps, and one of those special little snippets in time that will live with me forever.