Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    We're under new ownership at work.

So I now no longer work for Allan Jefferies but work for Vertu Motircycles. All looking good and promising.

On Tuesday there were lots of people from Vertu at work to welcome us and to start installing and explaining all the new systems etc. One of the people, a lady in Marketing......used to live two doors away from my childhood (from six years old) home and I've known her since she was born. Small World, in'it? Her brother was a very good friend and we shared many special times from young childhood through to our twenties.....playing, climbing, den making, darts, throwing arrows, pushbikes then motorbikes and airguns. We shared many great times plinking and hunting, stripping and tuning and testing etc. And getting drunk. Very, very drunk!

Great times!
    Well, that’s a real coincidence and chance meeting there Tone. Lovely recollection of your childhood days too .
    I hope all goes well with the new owners with not too much ‘unnecessary’ change as I know you’ve been happy there since leaving that last shower of shite. When you say “new systems…” do you mean computer systems ? I know getting to grips with that was one of your little anxieties when you started. Hopefully not too much change there for you.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Cheers, Pauly.

Yep, completely new computer systems. And "phones". As in no "proper" phones.. Just a headset that plugs into the 'puter. And the phones aren't working yet for all of us due to the Internet to and around the building being so poor, slowing installation for everyone down. They're having to organise getting that sorted. The various systems we'll need to use will, no doubt, be okay once we're used to them, but even trying to do that right now is tricky. Pretty sure it will fall into place once we're using it more and becoming more familiar. We don't have access yet to half of the things we need in order to do the job, so it's all a bit unsettling and confounding at the mo'. It's pretty much paperless and heavily reliant on the 'net, but if that goes down it'll be fun......The next few days will see us all still feeling like fish out of water, for sure; just hope all clicks into place soon.

Oh for the simple joys of a nice, traditional, mechanical boinger and a few pellets.....
    Last edited by TonyL; 04-11-2022 at 05:57 AM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And a splash of happy, bright springy colour to brighten up these grey skies and lighten up these shorter and darker days.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post
    Still doing that Dave, problem is they are grey, and get stuck under my dentures!
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

You started after the moles yet, Dave?

Finally tried the bottle of old speckled hen clone Neil gave me at the last bash this evening. Absolutely superb, thanks Neil its a lovely drop

Excellent stuff.. You boys are doing a fine job with these brews. I like the odd bottle of Old Speckled Hen, too. Although the Old Golden Hen I also tried recently was, to my palette, even more yummy! As we said at the July Bash, I'm quite partial to the Proper Job, too, and your version of it was extremely impressive, Chris.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Good news Tony!!
    I kept up with the Steyr boys yesterday
    The HC taking out 80 yard chalk lego men
    Not going to stag off pcps too much because I had the MFR out. Constant on a 15mm kill zone at around 60 yards
    Pete

That's brilliant news, Pete. Excellent shooting, sir. And great to hear you're getting properly back into it. Guessing the recovery is going really well, sir?

Coming along Tony. A few wobbles but coming along
    Pete

Excellent stuff.. Still early days, I suppose, but sounds like you're doing okay and at least you're getting "out there" and doing it!. Lots of time for continuing improvement and getting back to full fitness for next year's Boinger Bash programme.

Hoping I will be able to camp next year
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Finally tried the bottle of old speckled hen clone Neil gave me at the last bash this evening. Absolutely superb, thanks Neil its a lovely drop
    I am presently enjoying a bottle of Badger Brewery's Fropical Ferret IPA, Chris........absolutely immense and super-yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Hoping I will be able to camp next year
    Yay! That's the spirit, Petey Boy.

I'm hoping to bring the polish lavuu poncho tent again.