Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I am presently enjoying a bottle of Badger Brewery's Fropical Ferret IPA, Chris........absolutely immense and super-yummy!
    I haven't seen that one yet, mind you I haven't bought much commercial beer recently. I've got a batch of West Coast pale ale I'm conditioning at the minute that I haven't tried before which I've got high hopes for

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I am presently enjoying a bottle of Badger Brewery's Fropical Ferret IPA, Chris........absolutely immense and super-yummy!
    I had one of those the other say, very fruity, I still prefer the original Fursty Ferret and Golden Champion but at the moment I'm enjoying Butty Batch, that's very nice
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I haven't seen that one yet, mind you I haven't bought much commercial beer recently. I've got a batch of West Coast pale ale I'm conditioning at the minute that I haven't tried before which I've got high hopes for
    I used to make my own beer from kits but for some reason I could never get them to stop erupting like a Vulcano when you open the bottle, gave up in the end.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Having witnessed your ever-developing skills in this area, I'd imagine that it's going to turn out beautifully, Chris.. I did try some bottles of West Coast pale ale a couple of months ago and seem to remember them being very enjoyable. I can't remember the names right now, but I have a list with ratings going now, so can look back at that. And it's fully understandable why you might not be spending your hard earned on much more expensive commercial stuff when you can make your own. Especially when it turns out so nice.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I had one of those the other say, very fruity, I still prefer the original Fursty Ferret and Golden Champion but at the moment I'm enjoying Butty Batch, that's very nice
    We'll all have different tastes and palettes, Pete. I was fortunate as a customer bought me a sample taster pack recently and also my family for my birthday recently. Just working through them.......Funnily enough, there's a Butty Bach to try in there. I last tried the Fursty Ferret a couple of years ago and didn't rate so much then. But might enjoy more now? And sometimes I think the first taste is misleading and you get more "into it" as the glass empties? But then some deliver the instant WOW from that first taste?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

And, if visiting an "establishment", I still love a good, old proper hand pulled cask.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Although springy, bouncy, hoppy Zeb says he's more than happy with my more recent (last couple of years or so) awakening to those powerfully hopped IPAs like Proper Job (and most definitely Chris's similar one), Fropical Ferret and countless others..

Happy, springy, boingy, hoppy BOING!

Although springy, bouncy, hoppy Zeb says he's more than happy with my more recent (last couple of years or so) awakening to those powerfully hopped IPAs like Proper Job (and most definitely Chris's similar one), Fropical Ferret and countless others..

Happy, springy, boingy, hoppy BOING!
    Now that's one thing I don't like is a over hoppy IPA, I like a good sweet malty ale.

I used to make my own beer from kits but for some reason I could never get them to stop erupting like a Vulcano when you open the bottle, gave up in the end.
    You either bottled it too soon, I always give mine at least a fortnight in primary fermentation. Alternatively you added too much priming sugar when bottling, I tend to find approx 150 grams per twenty litres works well for me mate

You either bottled it too soon, I always give mine at least a fortnight in primary fermentation. Alternatively you added too much priming sugar when bottling, I tend to find approx 150 grams per twenty litres works well for me mate
    Ah right, I even used those lozenge type things you just drop in to each bottle and it still happened, been a long time since I made any, can't remember what happened to all my brewing kit when I moved last year.

Ah right, I even used those lozenge type things you just drop in to each bottle and it still happened, been a long time since I made any, can't remember what happened to all my brewing kit when I moved last year.
    If you were using carbonation drops then you were probably just bottling too early mate. A hydrometer comes in useful if you're not sure whether or not it's ready to bottle. However you can always leave it in the fermenter a lot longer than you think, doesn't do any harm in fact quite the opposite

Just cracked open a bottle of Two Hoots Golden Ale by Joseph Holt of Manchester......lovely

Tried a bottle of the West Coast pale ale tonight, it's a wee bit young yet but it's going to be a good un. Also had my first taste of a batch of brown ale I bottled six weeks ago which is superb

Excellent stuff, Chris. Variety is the spice of life and all that and it must be so nice to be totally in control of the ingredients and process. Huge sense of pride, too, never mind the saving........

Brews 'n' Boingers.

Tried a bottle of the West Coast pale ale tonight, it's a wee bit young yet but it's going to be a good un. Also had my first taste of a batch of brown ale I bottled six weeks ago which is superb
    The problem was for me, was I couldn't wait to taste them and its not the most quickest of processes, I remember the first kit I made was a Wherry (I think that's what it's called) and it had a strange metallic taste to it, I had a proper bottle the other week and it didn't taste the same.