Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I'm going to the BIRMINGHAM ANTIQUE ARMS & MILITARIA FAIR (sorry I copied and pasted that bit) never been to one before and as it's only just down the road from me, it seems silly not to, I didn't go to the last one as I was busy, hopefully I may find those elusive rifles I've been after to add to the collection.

Happy hunting Pete I'm swapping some scopes around later as I've just acquired a tasco ag 2-7x32 that I want to try on the fenman

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Happy hunting Pete I'm swapping some scopes around later as I've just acquired a tasco ag 2-7x32 that I want to try on the fenman
    Thank you Chris, don't really know what to expect, I'm hoping it's going to be full of interesting rifles (and obviously the ones I'm after) but feel it may be really older stuff that I'm not overly keen on, I went to Leicestershire air rifles last weekend but although they where full of rifles a lot of it was project rifles that needed a lot of TLC but the prices needed to be half the price asked to reflect that, not the Aladins cave I thought it might have been, reminded me of Protek but not as good and they spoke in a funny accent
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I'm enjoying the king size bed

The moles can wait

Was out pellet/accuracy testing a recently acquired S200 yesterday.

Also trying to help a injured buzzard that was out the back at my dad's when I pulled up yesterday. Let me tell you , the RSPB AND RSPCA are total shower of shxte. I'm guessing the poor thing has now been pecked to death by the magpies and crows that where gathering whilst I was there. The Maggie's had already started harassing it ,nipping at its wings.
    Shame on those authorities re the poor, injured buzzard, Dave.

Keep enjoying the bed action, my friend.

Hope all is good with the 200.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Hope you had fun, Chris.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Thank you Chris, don't really know what to expect, I'm hoping it's going to be full of interesting rifles (and obviously the ones I'm after) but feel it may be really older stuff that I'm not overly keen on, I went to Leicestershire air rifles last weekend but although they where full of rifles a lot of it was project rifles that needed a lot of TLC but the prices needed to be half the price asked to reflect that, not the Aladins cave I thought it might have been, reminded me of Protek but not as good and they spoke in a funny accent
    I hope your ongoing quest bears fruit, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I hope your ongoing quest bears fruit, Pete.
    Thanks Tone, I'm not after much, just trying to find the ones to complete the collection.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Like a nice, classic stocked 35, Pete, before you have to go new?

Go on, you know you want it, don't you, sir? Suits you!

Like a nice, classic stocked 35, Pete, before you have to go new?

Go on, you know you want it, don't you, sir? Suits you!
    Didn't actually see any for sale Tone, thank heavens, as there was no throwing up room, I did obtain another rare beast as in another Brocock Independent in .22 this time, nice walnut stock and a Gamo trigger that is actually pretty good, I kid you not, just sorting out the mahooooosive twang now

Nice one, Pete. And you know the innards of these really well so I'm sure you'll soon have it behaving very nicely.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I try to get to the Kempton Park fares. Picked up a couple of nice guns there
    Pete

Nice one, Pete. And you know the innards of these really well so I'm sure you'll soon have it behaving very nicely.
    Yes, I popped the gas ram in it and a spare Oz seal.

Ah, you've gone down the rammer route, have you? There'll be no twanging there then. I did think you might be going down the route of keeping the spring but introducing a tighter guide and top hat, but guess you may not have had suitable bits hanging around that might have been a good fit in the spring? How's it feel with the strut in, mister, and have you measured the power output?

Ah, you've gone down the rammer route, have you? There'll be no twanging there then. I did think you might be going down the route of keeping the spring but introducing a tighter guide and top hat, but guess you may not have had suitable bits hanging around that might have been a good fit in the spring? How's it feel with the strut in, mister, and have you measured the power output?
    Snappy like normal rammers but this one is easier to cock, not like the Fenman was, it's doing 10.1ftp.

Sounds like fun, matey.

You'll all remember my friend, Gary from Lincoln, who came to the last three Bash events.

Talk about really getting into it.......Remember how he had recently added the BSA CLX, HW110, 97K and Vulcan to the collection? He's now also bought a TX, HW40 and Diana Stinger. Doomed or what?. Nice one, Gary.. And he's now regularly attending his local HFT club and getting well into that. His skills will be developing really quick now as he's receiving coaching and advice from the likes of Nick Yates and Co. And when I say local, I think he lives within about half a mile of the Lincs HFT club. Lucky lad. Top stuff, Gary.