Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

That's excellent news about your mate Tone it's always good to hear about new folks getting into the hobby

Getting into it? He's getting obsessed to our sorts of levels I think, Chris.. When he first came to The Bash he had three.....an AA200, Brummy Stingray and Umarex Beretta 92 pistol. He then got himself a new Gamo PCP and, more recently, all those others......I think his three have become eleven now. Wonder what'll be next?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And a colourful little springy BOING to help lift the winter gloom and temps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

All a bit steady on here at the moment. Are we all keeping okay, peeps?

I bet that new bed's even more appealing at the moment, Dave?

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Thinking about what to take Saturday. The BSA Standard is coming. The Superstar hasn't been out for a while but those TX200S are so bloody good
    Pete

Have a fun, Beeza-Boingery day, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    All a bit steady on here at the moment. Are we all keeping okay, peeps?
    Okay thanks Tony. With the shortening daylight hours it does screw up plinking / project time, but I've found a bit of an outlet in a couple of purchases I made at the last bash . A couple of SMK spring pistols followed me home after that weekend and they both had a bit of TLC to get them somewhere near right. an XS2 and XS3 in .177" calibre, producing a MASSIVE 2ft/lbs, I've purchased a target holder and now shoot them in the mancave (3mtr indoor range!). Free standing, it's still a bit of a challenge on open sights (the XS3 has fibre optics, so a bit easier on my tired eyes - check the Avatar for reference, eh Mick ). Other than that, I've an xs19 been rebuilt, but needs a reblue, so going to break out the rust bluing utensils in the near future.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Okay thanks Tony. With the shortening daylight hours it does screw up plinking / project time, but I've found a bit of an outlet in a couple of purchases I made at the last bash . A couple of SMK spring pistols followed me home after that weekend and they both had a bit of TLC to get them somewhere near right. an XS2 and XS3 in .177" calibre, producing a MASSIVE 2ft/lbs, I've purchased a target holder and now shoot them in the mancave (3mtr indoor range!). Free standing, it's still a bit of a challenge on open sights (the XS3 has fibre optics, so a bit easier on my tired eyes - check the Avatar for reference, eh Mick ). Other than that, I've an xs19 been rebuilt, but needs a reblue, so going to break out the rust bluing utensils in the near future.
    That'll be interesting to see what you do to the Xs19 tuning wise as it's not far off the Brocock Indy being Gamo based.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    That'll be interesting to see what you do to the Xs19 tuning wise as it's not far off the Brocock Indy being Gamo based.
    Pete, I started with a Chinese spring that we discussed at a previous bash. 12mms id is a perfect fit for the steel original guide and top hat. Other than that, the spring is poor; too many coils per inch and too soft. Nice cycle, but underpowered. I also fitted a piston liner and , as well as doing the roller trigger mod. I also have a camo" thumbhole stock from ASI, but that'll be the final piece.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Good to hear you have a few things to keep you entertained during these shorter, darker days, Mark.. Indoor plinkery man cave? Lovely. I'll take an image of your avatar to my next appointment with the eye doctor and see what he has to say.

Keep on plinking and tinkering!

BOING!

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Not fair to mention how the one Steyr shooter did today. He had technical issues
    The HC on the other hand behaved well in perfect conditions. Leading to hits on Lego men at 80+ yards
    Pete

Nice one, Pete.

All anticipation here, I'm awaiting a Welsh willy kit for the hw99. And a new toy I bought off the sales section yesterday, it's like Christmas come early

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    All anticipation here, I'm awaiting a Welsh willy kit for the hw99. And a new toy I bought off the sales section yesterday, it's like Christmas come early
    I did notice you bought the Falcon, I remember seeing them in the Falcon catalogue my mate gave me a few years ago, I still love the look and feel of the Fn12 Lighthunter (I handled one the other week) but feel I'd never use it (although I'm a collector, so that shouldn't bother me) but also not having any proper charging gear doesn't really help either, apart from one of those £5 Amazon pumps, which I can't seem to pump up my Excalibre with (not sure if it's the pump or the rifle, even though I resealed the inlet port) even your pump Chris and Neils tank wouldn't fill it at one of the bashes, I know I should just take the plunge and buy a decent pump or bottle but I just love using the springers so much and in the past I've never kept any of the PCP's I've bought for very long.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I had an fn12 lighthunter a couple of years ago, it looked amazing but shot like a load of cobblers. I may use the falcon for a bit of hunting but tbh I bought it mainly because I used to lust after one with the thumbhole stock as a kid, its a slippery slope though as I pretty much lusted after every rifle to grace the pages of the airgun mags throughout the 90s, could end up being expensive lol