Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I had an fn12 lighthunter a couple of years ago, it looked amazing but shot like a load of cobblers. I may use the falcon for a bit of hunting but tbh I bought it mainly because I used to lust after one with the thumbhole stock as a kid, its a slippery slope though as I pretty much lusted after every rifle to grace the pages of the airgun mags throughout the 90s, could end up being expensive lol
    They are a bit agricultural, I had a standard beech FN12 many years ago, didn't shoot too bad, I can't remember what the accuracy was like though,i'm just thinking it might be nice to use at the bash.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I reckon the lighthunter I had was a bit of a lemon mate, shot plenty of other falcons and titans over the years that were more than capable. Must admit I still wouldn't mind another fn12 lighthunter as they are gorgeous guns, would just have to be a better example than my last one lol

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Pete, I started with a Chinese spring that we discussed at a previous bash. 12mms id is a perfect fit for the steel original guide and top hat. Other than that, the spring is poor; too many coils per inch and too soft. Nice cycle, but underpowered. I also fitted a piston liner and , as well as doing the roller trigger mod. I also have a camo" thumbhole stock from ASI, but that'll be the final piece.
    Well, had a little visit to Leicestershire Airguns whilst returning from a visit 'up country'. Ended up buying a Crosman NP in .177" out of the 2nd hand rack, for the princely sum of £85 (including a 4x32 cheap scope). When I got home, a bit of a mix and match session started with the xs19 project I've been toying with. The xs action now sits in the NP synthetic stock and the barrel sports the NP plastic muzzle end. The NP, after a quick oily rag wipe down and chrono' test, is sitting in a camo thumbhole stock I purchased from ASI. The xs had a scope fitted (Discovery 4x32) and I must say I'm really pleased with the results (even with the underpowered Chinese spring). I bought the xs action for peanuts as I was advised the barrel was goosed. A bit of remedial polishing and recrowning and I'm now hitting the 15mm spinner for fun at 25yds. Power's only 8.5ft/lb, but it's a perfect lightweight carbine for use in sheds and barns. The NP is easy to cock and currently returns 10.6ft/lb with Superdomes. All I need to work out now is how to finish off the barrel end, as it's a full-length barrel and a silencer would make it too long (a long sleeve maybe?)
    Last edited by CapitalBee; 27-11-2022 at 07:27 PM.

That's a productive fettling session mate, nice one

Chris, did you buy the FN19? If so, I'll send you over some seals. I bought a dose when I bought the single shot '19, so I have most of what you'd need.

Well, had a little visit to Leicestershire Airguns whilst returning from a visit 'up country'. Ended up buying a Crosman NP in .177" out of the 2nd hand rack, for the princely sum of £85 (including a 4x32 cheap scope). When I got home, a bit of a mix and match session started with the xs19 project I've been toying with. The xs action now sits in the NP synthetic stock and the barrel sports the NP plastic muzzle end. The NP, after a quick oily rag wipe down and chrono' test, is sitting in a camo thumbhole stock I purchased from ASI. The xs had a scope fitted (Discovery 4x32) and I must say I'm really pleased with the results (even with the underpowered Chinese spring). I bought the xs action for peanuts as I was advised the barrel was goosed. A bit of remedial polishing and recrowning and I'm now hitting the 15mm spinner for fun at 25yds. Power's only 8.5ft/lb, but it's a perfect lightweight carbine for use in sheds and barns. The NP is easy to cock and currently returns 10.6ft/lb with Superdomes. All I need to work out now is how to finish off the barrel end, as it's a full-length barrel and a silencer would make it too long (a long sleeve maybe?)
    I went in there the other week, they have lots of project guns, the good thing I suppose about the Xs19 platform is that it is so widely used now, that there's so many different models about that picking something up cheap for perticular parts is easy.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Chris, did you buy the FN19? If so, I'll send you over some seals. I bought a dose when I bought the single shot '19, so I have most of what you'd need.
    Thanks mate spare seals never go amiss if you've got some to spare I won't say no bud. You're a gent

All anticipation here, I'm awaiting a Welsh willy kit for the hw99. And a new toy I bought off the sales section yesterday, it's like Christmas come early
    Enjoy the fettle and the new-to-you Falcon, Chris.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Indeed, sounds like an enjoyably involved fettling and mix 'n' match session. Nice one.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Indeed, sounds like an enjoyably involved fettling and mix 'n' match session. Nice one.
    As Pete said, the xs19 platform is so utilised now that swapping around parts / stocks is pretty straightforward. The roller modification for the trigger is a uniform success (as long as you don't go too big on the roller) and gives you a very useable single stage trigger. The Crosman NP has had a trigger fettle in advance of my purchase of it, but it's had a longer M3 screw fitted in the small block at the back of the trigger blade. It gives a really crisp let off and the pseudo-two stage trigger action works nicely, it's just that the first stage is sooo long, so a roller mod may be on the cards for that, when I get round to it.

All anticipation here, I'm awaiting a Welsh willy kit for the hw99. And a new toy I bought off the sales section yesterday, it's like Christmas come early
    Have they arrived yet, Chris?

As Pete said, the xs19 platform is so utilised now that swapping around parts / stocks is pretty straightforward. The roller modification for the trigger is a uniform success (as long as you don't go too big on the roller) and gives you a very useable single stage trigger. The Crosman NP has had a trigger fettle in advance of my purchase of it, but it's had a longer M3 screw fitted in the small block at the back of the trigger blade. It gives a really crisp let off and the pseudo-two stage trigger action works nicely, it's just that the first stage is sooo long, so a roller mod may be on the cards for that, when I get round to it.
    Marvellous; many happy tinkerings to come, then.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Have they arrived yet, Chris?
    Not yet mate, there's a long wait for the Welsh willy kit. The falcon is en route. I'm bursting with anticipation

I'm bursting with anticipation
    That could be interesting, hopefully that doesn't end up in one of your homebrews

Not yet mate, there's a long wait for the Welsh willy kit. The falcon is en route. I'm bursting with anticipation
    I hope the Falcon lands safely with you very soon, Chris.

What sort of lead times are we looking at for Will's kits now? I'm sure you'll be very happy with the outcome once fitted. In my experience the kits are excellent. Not sure if I've ever tried a 99 thus fettled but it's sure to be very, very nice. Any pre-fettle work required (re cocking link / galling mods)? Is it stripped and pre-fettled, awaiting drop-in or are you waiting for the kit to arrive first and then strip?

Will you be bringing it to the next Bash.....PLEASE?