Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    A little steady on here for a weekend.

Any boingery partakings peeps?
    Nope, in London looking at the shops in Oxford Street.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

had an enjoyable couple of days in Birmingham taking in a concert and the Christmas market. Back home and getting some Christmassy stuff done. But found some time for a fiddle with the Crosman NP I bought and swapped about last weekend. Did the roller bearing trigger mod' and set up a scope. Okay, so far; the sealed ram gives it nice manners, but there's been a drop in output over this weekend compared to last weekend, when I bought it and tested it. Simple loss of pressure, or could the 10 degree drop in temp be affecting it?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    had an enjoyable couple of days in Birmingham taking in a concert and the Christmas market. Back home and getting some Christmassy stuff done. But found some time for a fiddle with the Crosman NP I bought and swapped about last weekend. Did the roller bearing trigger mod' and set up a scope. Okay, so far; the sealed ram gives it nice manners, but there's been a drop in output over this weekend compared to last weekend, when I bought it and tested it. Simple loss of pressure, or could the 10 degree drop in temp be affecting it?
    Could be the temp change, I did a test on the gas ram in my Brocock Independent once and it changed the power a lot from being in a warm room to being outside in a cold winters night, you may be able to find what I said on here somewhere.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Sounds like you two nice peeps have been having fun.

Re the power drop, I can't remember what Jim will have said as regards gas ram performance in differing temperatures, but would guess that the reduction in output is down to the temp drop lowering the pressure in the ram and, henceforth, energy supplied to the piston.

Much would also depend on piston seal fit......if you had a tight fitting seal at, say, 18 degrees C, at 4 degrees the fit might be much more amenable, raising output. And, depending on the set-up, the lower friction might compensate for the drop in ram pressure. But if the seal had been sized to be an "easy sliding fit" at room temps, using at very cold temps might see a drastic drop in compression / performance. Pete, flyingfish, once experienced a very drastic loss of compression due to temp drop leading to the rifle not managing to shoot a pellet.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Had a little plink in the garden with the new falcon and the newly fettled 99 over the weekend. I'm very pleased with both

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Had a little plink in the garden with the new falcon and the newly fettled 99 over the weekend. I'm very pleased with both
    What .22" pellet did you find worked with the Falcon Chris? I found mine to be a bit pellet fussy, but JSB Exact Diabolo's at 15.89gn did the trick, producing some nice groups.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    What .22" pellet did you find worked with the Falcon Chris? I found mine to be a bit pellet fussy, but JSB Exact Diabolo's at 15.89gn did the trick, producing some nice groups.
    Mine is in the ladies calibre mate, it's not especially pellet fussy but the exact 8.44s were the best I've tried so far. The groups were that tight I would be amazed if I find any that will beat them to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Excellent.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I wouldn't have thought a nitrogen filled gas ram would suffer with power loss due to temperature.
    I would expect firing a few shots should warm up the seal and restore power.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

But didn't I once read somewhere that "nitrogen filled" was just hype and that the rams were actually just filled with pressurised air?

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Not going to post this on the main forum as most people have had enough of best calibre debates.
    But amongst friends here, .177 or.22 for Elf on the Shelf?
    .303 is no longer an option
    Pete

177 all day long

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z43hwpsEM6mkGqKF7
    I've just been looking through my photos.
    That was only 4 and a half months ago? It was 19.45 on Friday the 15th of July, the day before the heatwave.
    Happy memories .

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Nice piccy Gary. That seems so long ago now. I’m guessing it was taken around 9am given that Chris has a beer on the go
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Nice piccy Gary. That seems so long ago now. I’m guessing it was taken around 9am given that Chris has a beer on the go
    Won't have been that early mate, you're awake and speaking to people we all know you don't do social interaction first thing in the morning bud