Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post

I didn't know that Jack Hargeaves went to the Boinger Bash :-

image.jpeg

HOW.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Won't have been that early mate, you're awake and speaking to people we all know you don't do social interaction first thing in the morning bud
    Fair cop
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I didn't know that Jack Hargeaves went to the Boinger Bash :-

image.jpeg

HOW.
    . Jack’ll do, could have been worse .

Oh, while you’re there Mick, someone is messing with my Tagline again, can you look into it please mate
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Oh, while you’re there Mick, someone is messing with my Tagline again, can you look into it please mate [/QUOTE]

Very nearly wet myself laughing there

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post

Oh, while you’re there Mick, someone is messing with my Tagline again, can you look into it please mate

Them other mods are buggers, Paul --- all sorted now mate.

Them other mods are buggers, Paul --- all sorted now mate.
    You’re a Star Mick, I’ll check it later

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z43hwpsEM6mkGqKF7
    I've just been looking through my photos.
    That was only 4 and a half months ago? It was 19.45 on Friday the 15th of July, the day before the heatwave.
    Happy memories .
    Lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Won't have been that early mate, you're awake and speaking to people we all know you don't do social interaction first thing in the morning bud
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Fair cop
    Ah, but our LittlePaulyBoy's a slightly reformed character now and was up bright and early on a few mornings, I do believe?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ah, but our LittlePaulyBoy's a slightly reformed character now and was up bright and early on a few mornings, I do believe?
    He was on his way to bed
    Pete

If a gas ram could be charged with air, I could do it myself.
    Now a pressure vessel. I could use the cylinder off my pcp complete with quick fill.

Now what pressure in bar would create 40kg force?
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

You could try digikey.co.uk. They have a conversion chart on their site.

Mmmmmm.....wouldn't have a clue.. Guessing volume and stroke will need to be taken into account? Would there be any known values on gas ram rifles with valves at the rear, like the Theobens and HW90, just to get a ballpark or would the different volumes and strokes involved render that information totally useless? And I think they vary from rifle to rifle, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    If a gas ram could be charged with air, I could do it myself.
    Now a pressure vessel. I could use the cylinder off my pcp complete with quick fill.

Now what pressure in bar would create 40kg force?
    aren't all the modern gas rams sealed units that you can't alter the pressure on mate? If you've got one like a theoben ram with a valve in it I would say use a stirrup or scissor pump as it's easy to over fill them, the theoben ones don't take much pressure at all. There's a vast difference between the he and none he rams too in terms of operating pressure. Forgive me if I'm teaching my granny to suck eggs here by the way. Probably should have asked at the start, what ram you pressurising?

aren't all the modern gas rams sealed units that you can't alter the pressure on mate? If you've got one like a theoben ram with a valve in it I would say use a stirrup or scissor pump as it's easy to over fill them, the theoben ones don't take much pressure at all. There's a vast difference between the he and none he rams too in terms of operating pressure. Forgive me if I'm teaching my granny to suck eggs here by the way. Probably should have asked at the start, what ram you pressurising?
    I always took it that the rod was sealed by a lip seal, Chris.

So if you put the ram in a pressure chamber and increase the chamber pressure above the ram's internal pressure, then pressure will go past the lip seal and increase the internal pressure.

Obviously, if this is how they work then you can only increase ram pressure as there's no way of letting pressure out of the ram.

All the best Mick

I always took it that the rod was sealed by a lip seal, Chris.

So if you put the ram in a pressure chamber and increase the chamber pressure above the ram's internal pressure, then pressure will go past the lip seal and increase the internal pressure.

Obviously, if this is how they work then you can only increase ram pressure as there's no way of letting pressure out of the ram.

All the best Mick
    Ahhhh that makes sense now, I had totally misunderstood what was going on lol (I'm a bit thick innit )) I reckon it would be a mare to get the pressure just right without being able to let any back out again