Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

P.S......We also had a quick session with the lad's new rifle to make sure all is well, which it is.........It's one of the Umarex Legends Lever Action Cowboy rifles; great fun! Seems quite pokey, too, flattening the copper coated lead BB at 8 yards against the pellet trap.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I bet he has, Pete.

Talking of beers, I received loads of different ones yesterday.....a great selection of craft ales, mostly IPAs, and a fair few different sorts of Brew Dog ones, including the Double Punk and Triple Hazy......working through them nicely.
    I would say Tone by the lack of reply he's still probably sinking them I had three bottles of single malt Scotch, very nice indeed....Oh and some Deparardo beer from my son, about the only Lager I like as Lager is normally a bit tasteless to me.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I would say Tone by the lack of reply he's still probably sinking them I had three bottles of single malt Scotch, very nice indeed....Oh and some Deparardo beer from my son, about the only Lager I like as Lager is normally a bit tasteless to me.
    I had a couple of brews laid down for Christmas an Irish stout and a helles, ended up drinking morretti with my son though. On the upside most bottled lager is like maidens water so no hangover this morning

P.S......We also had a quick session with the lad's new rifle to make sure all is well, which it is.........It's one of the Umarex Legends Lever Action Cowboy rifles; great fun! Seems quite pokey, too, flattening the copper coated lead BB at 8 yards against the pellet trap.
    Nice bit of plinking with the young un mate

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I had a couple of brews laid down for Christmas an Irish stout and a helles, ended up drinking morretti with my son though. On the upside most bottled lager is like maidens water so no hangover this morning
    That's rather restrained for you Chris
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

That's rather restrained for you Chris
    Polished off a couple of crates of the stuff, and a decent drop of port (and half a bottle of baileys, well it is Christmas) so yes quite restrained by my normal standards

Polished off a couple of crates of the stuff, and a decent drop of port (and half a bottle of baileys, well it is Christmas) so yes quite restrained by my normal standards
    Well I suppose you have to separate broinger bash drinking with normal life, even if it is Christmas

Yep, not much of a lager fan myself, either. Can't knock it, though, as we all vary in our preferences and countless millions sink plenty of lagers, in'it? And I'd still rather drink lager than no beer, I suppose and, granted, one or two sorts don't go down too badly. I still do like bitters but, in recent times, as we've said previously, I've really "got into" IPAs.

I hope Jim and the growing family are all keeping well, Chris?

And big cuddles for Tazzy Dog, Pete.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Nice bit of plinking with the young un mate
    Yep, a most enjoyable little sesh, Chris.. Hoping we'll get one or two more in over the Chrimbo break.......

Just a steady one then, eh?

And don't you think that the IPAs really highlight the difference in hop varieties / strength, boys? So some can seem quite fruity / citrussy whilst others with (more English hop varieties) can have stronger, more "malty" and more bitter notes like the Shepherd and Neame one (I think that was the name) and this Lincoln Green Sheriff that I had on Christmas Day? The stuff made at our local micro-brewery (Harrison's - The Brew Shed) is really nice, too; we'll be having one of their "Planet Amarillo" IPAs later.......a single hop one made with, as the name suggests, the Amarillo hop.

And don't you think that the IPAs really highlight the difference in hop varieties / strength, boys? So some can seem quite fruity / citrussy whilst others with (more English hop varieties) can have stronger, more "malty" and more bitter notes like the Shepherd and Neame one (I think that was the name) and this Lincoln Green Sheriff that I had on Christmas Day? The stuff made at our local micro-brewery (Harrison's - The Brew Shed) is really nice, too; we'll be having one of their "Planet Amarillo" IPAs later.......a single hop one made with, as the name suggests, the Amarillo hop.
    Totally agree with you Tone, I love the fruity/citrus ales but not the ones that are too sharp/bitter ones like most of the IPAs I've tried.

It's the dry hops that give ipas most of their flavours mate. Generally speaking the new world hops that have names beginning with a c are quite citrus in flavour. The new Zealand hops tend to be fruitier in flavour and the English varieties are more bitter in flavour. The one I made that you liked was made with a dry hop of citra towards the end of fermentation.

Thank you for your well researched input, Chris. Makes total sense.. That one you gave me to try was beautiful. As we said at the time, very much like Proper Job, which I like. You should be well chuffed with yourself for being able to turn out such excellent brews. I think that your preference "on the day" also very much depends on how you're feeling and what you're eating as to whether you prefer a lighter, "fruitier" one or a "sharper", more bitter one? The first time I tried the Fropical Ferret I loved it. The second time, not so much. Had a bottle the other day and it was beautiful again.

Totally agree with you Tone, I love the fruity/citrus ales but not the ones that are too sharp/bitter ones like most of the IPAs I've tried.
    See previous post, Pete. I honestly do think our tastes and preferences really can change day to day and be dependant on how you're feeling, what you're eating, the company you're with, whether you're having a big sesh with friends or steady away. So many nice ones to go at; variety is the spice of life!