Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    That's a shame, not that I expect anything half decent out of China, it's just trying to find a decent spring with thinner wire, to be honest I'm not the sort of person who really knows or experiments with different springs but this all come about when Karen struggled cocking her HW30, I know to you and me we may laugh at such a thing but having a dodgy shoulder from a car crash and also being a woman (and that's not a sexist comment) I was just trying to make it easier for her so she can join in our great hobby.
    I'll bring my HW30 to the next bash. Standard spring but I had the end of the barrel threaded, without carbining behind the front sight dovetails (so threaded over the dovetails) and I then added a steel pistol silencer. The extra length makes it easier to cock.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Went up one of my permissions earlier did a bit of a zero with the akela and set up some decoys over winter rape but the wind got up and then the rain started coming in horizontally so I retreated home and made some beer instead

You spelt "drank" wrong!

Saving the drinking for later, I’m off to see my shiny new four day old grandson first

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I'll bring my HW30 to the next bash. Standard spring but I had the end of the barrel threaded, without carbining behind the front sight dovetails (so threaded over the dovetails) and I then added a steel pistol silencer. The extra length makes it easier to cock.
    That would be lovely thank you, Karen can have a go and see what she thinks.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Saving the drinking for later, I’m off to see my shiny new four day old grandson first

Wow! That is cracking news mate!

We have a cottage in Whitby booked for week after next, and we have both granddaughters for four nights. I can't wait!
    Soooo much better than actual kids

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Congratulations and best wishes to all
    Pete

Congratulations Chris on the new arrival… I’m guessing you’ll have made plenty of bevvy by noo tae ‘wet the bairn’s heid’…🍻🥃😎

Furtling with three project Chinese Gamo clones at the moment Tone. The first one, a Benjamin NP (Gas Ram) has just been finished and the other two are going for barrel threading shortly to fit moderators. For Pete's interest, I fitted el cheapo chinese springs to the two not yet finished (12mm i/d, 3mm wire); coil pitch is too small and as they're not scragged. After fitment and settlement you end up with minimal preload, but can't leave more coils on as it's then coil bound. They ended up doing 9 ft/lbs. I'd not waste your £3, which is a shame as they fitted the standard steel guides perfectly...
    Plenty to be going on with there then, Mark. Good chap.. I seem to remember you mentioning previously about the springs not being pre-scragged and later being too weak? Does it sound like any others from the dimensions given on the Data thread might be of any use?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    I have a Mk3 Meteor as mentioned over in the collectors section on the go now plus a screw fitting parachute seal conversion on it's way from Oz. In front of me now is a spare piston head from my Mk4 which needs machining to take the parachute seal and a slightly differently positioned key hole groove. Trouble is I have no one to do the machining yet nor copy a titan top hat, on it's way from Jki in brass for extra weight.
    Ooh yes when I get some wrapping paper the stock goes off to Craig for the grip to be checkered.
    Plenty to keep you entertained there too, sir. I've shot Jon's parachute sealed Meteor before and it was excellent.
    I wonder if it might be worth contacting NickG re those machining jobs?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Well I was going to keep this a secret and spring it on you (excuse the pun) at the next bash but I feel you've had enough surprises from me already plus it makes it easier for me to ask questions if needed, anyway I picked up a Walther Century at a decent price (thanks Daryl and for keeping it a secret until now), it's a little cosmeticly challenged but I'm not overly worried about that, I've managed to find a local guy who said he's happy to hit it with a hammer to improve the internals anyway I thought it sbout time I repented my sins and bought a German rifle, I just wanted it not to be the run of the mill HW, watch this space.
    Nice one, Pete. It'll be nice to hear how it progresses and what you think to it.

Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
    Hi Tone, I’m considering adapting one of my Webley Mk3’s to accommodate a Weihrauch Rekord trigger.
    Any suggestions for proceeding with this would be greatly appreciated.

I remember seeing the one that Paul Mach 1.5 and his pal brought along to one of Mick’s Bashes about 5 or 6 years ago, which I was informed by Paul a cupla days ago that it was done by Steve Pope. I certainly want to have a go at it as the Mk3’s trigger adjustment method is a bit finicky and ‘variable’ to say the least.

Hope all’s guid wi ye and the other Boinger peeps at this bloody miserable time of the year,
    Sláinte, Graeme 🥃
    Yes, I remember that rifle, Graeme. Very nice, too.

All okay here, cheers, and hope you are too.

Went up one of my permissions earlier did a bit of a zero with the akela and set up some decoys over winter rape but the wind got up and then the rain started coming in horizontally so I retreated home and made some beer instead
    Sounds like you certainly gave it a good go there, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Had a couple of hours at LVAGC yesterday
    Put a few through the HC and the BSA Standard
    The open sights are really fun.
    I am keeping the Standard away from Craig as I would be worried he would hit the bucket with it
    Nice one, Pete.

Yes, I love opens. I picked up my first set of Varifocals just over a week ago. Still getting used to them and not convinced they're right yet, but itching to find out what it'll be like shooting with them, especially on opens.

You're right to guess on Craig hitting The Bocket with it, although he might just need a couple of sighting shots first before repeatedly pummelling it!

Yep, in the absence of further internal tweaks (and Pete's probably going to struggle with finding a weaker spring that's still decent), increasing the leverage will help.

YAY!

Congratulations to all, Chris.