Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: disassebly of live ammunition ?

Black Beard you are bad
    Yes, its one way, and the Police hate it. They have to pay someone to dispose of them and being explosives isn't cheap. Its probably done by a RFD with a kinetic hammer at some bench, but charging £5 a round! Or a proof house with cannon barrels.
    They can be incinerated as ammo cooked off has little power, though ought to be loosely contained to stop tiny brass shrapnel going far. Its not some Russian ammo dump going off.

Take bullet out, dump charge, and cook off primer safely. It is the primer that is the difficult bit and not to be whacked as they tend to shoot out the back
    My preferred way is: pull ballet, pore out charge, and then fire off primes through a gun in a safe direction.

Firing off other people's poor reloads is never a good experience even reloaded competantly. You never quite know what you are getting, and who wants to do it with a gun they cherish?

Quote Originally Posted by davederrick View Post
    If you want 40 rounds of Barnaul 7.62x39, then they're yours if you collect
    Anybody in Scotland needs any I have about 900 rounds of it gathering dust.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Black Beard you are bad
    Yes, its one way, and the Police hate it. They have to pay someone to dispose of them and being explosives isn't cheap. Its probably done by a RFD with a kinetic hammer at some bench, but charging £5 a round! Or a proof house with cannon barrels.
    They can be incinerated as ammo cooked off has little power, though ought to be loosely contained to stop tiny brass shrapnel going far. Its not some Russian ammo dump going off.

Take bullet out, dump charge, and cook off primer safely. It is the primer that is the difficult bit and not to be whacked as they tend to shoot out the back
    My preferred way is: pull ballet, pore out charge, and then fire off primes through a gun in a safe direction.

Firing off other people's poor reloads is never a good experience even reloaded competantly. You never quite know what you are getting, and who wants to do it with a gun they cherish?
    In my previous job i used to service high pressure compressor's and we had a contract with the MOD to sort the compressors at various army bomb disposal unit's , Whilst there talking to the eod operator's I mentioned my shooting and they pointed me over to a steel stillage half filled with old evidence bag's and boxes of jacketed / semi jacketed / plain cast bullet's and bagged tins of pellet's together with Brocock cartridges and said fill your boot's as this is all seized or handed in to the police also there is no loaded ammunition in there as they either dig a hole and blow it up or send it for incineration depending on quantity , So every year i used to end up with kilo's and kilo's of projectiles buckshee.