Thread: disassebly of live ammunition ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

disassebly of live ammunition ?

i seem to recall there was thread about disassebly of live ammunition being illegal but i can't find it, anybody have a link to it ?

I’d better get rid of my kinetic hammer then....

Kinetic hammer

Kinetic hammer at our local club is called

“Hammer of Shame”

As you probably haven’t loaded your ammo correctly or used cheap components

My brother gave me 150 x 357 loads but didn’t know what he’d loaded them with !

We have to download at our club so the safest way was to unload his ammo, it’s a few hours of my life I’ll never get back ! 😑

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Hmmm, didnt think it was illegal. I've got to do this sometime, I sold a rifle & sent it via RFD to the buyer & had 20 rounds (commercial not reloads) left over. As they couldnt be sent with the rifle, I've left them in the safe as I still have the calibre on my ticket & didnt fancy paying the RFD to "dispose" of them (i.e. take my money & put them back on his shelf). I now have nothing to shoot them with, so will probably have to pull the bullets & soak the primers in oil.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Quote Originally Posted by davederrick View Post
    Hmmm, didnt think it was illegal. I've got to do this sometime, I sold a rifle & sent it via RFD to the buyer & had 20 rounds (commercial not reloads) left over. As they couldnt be sent with the rifle, I've left them in the safe as I still have the calibre on my ticket & didnt fancy paying the RFD to "dispose" of them (i.e. take my money & put them back on his shelf). I now have nothing to shoot them with, so will probably have to pull the bullets & soak the primers in oil.
    You could deprime and reuse the primers - given the cost of them!
    Or give the ammo away.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Can't imagine any law that would prohibit the disassembly of legally held live ammo. I am sure that every home loader has done so at some time.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by mag44uk View Post
    Or give the ammo away.
    If you want 40 rounds of Barnaul 7.62x39, then they're yours if you collect
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Quote Originally Posted by davederrick View Post
    Give them to someone at your club to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotter View Post
    Give them to someone at your club to shoot.
    Tried that, no takers

Quote Originally Posted by svincett View Post
    Kinetic hammer at our local club is called

“Hammer of Shame”

As you probably haven’t loaded your ammo correctly or used cheap components

My brother gave me 150 x 357 loads but didn’t know what he’d loaded them with !

We have to download at our club so the safest way was to unload his ammo, it’s a few hours of my life I’ll never get back ! 😑
    I’d rather feel the shame than stick something I’m not happy with up the spout!

There is a part of the explosives regulations ( MSER)2014 That allows the making and unmaking of small arms ammunition for recreational use

32. Regulation 6(2)(b) provides for a limited ‘manufacture’ of small arms ammunition without the need
    of a licence to manufacture i.e.
    “the making or unmaking of small arms ammunition, or ammunition with inert projectiles intended for
    use in recreational or occupational firearms, or the preparation of cartridges for use with firearms which
    are to be used at historical re-enactment events, where the total quantity of primer and propellant used
    at any one time does not exceed 2 kilograms and, for these purposes, the quantity of propellant used
    includes propellant removed from cartridges

Quote Originally Posted by acmsarh View Post
    There is a part of the explosives regulations ( MSER)2014 That allows the making and unmaking of small arms ammunition for recreational use

32. Regulation 6(2)(b) provides for a limited ‘manufacture’ of small arms ammunition without the need
    of a licence to manufacture i.e.
    “the making or unmaking of small arms ammunition, or ammunition with inert projectiles intended for
    use in recreational or occupational firearms, or the preparation of cartridges for use with firearms which
    are to be used at historical re-enactment events, where the total quantity of primer and propellant used
    at any one time does not exceed 2 kilograms and, for these purposes, the quantity of propellant used
    includes propellant removed from cartridges

Thank you

I actually found the thread, my mistake, it wasn't on here, it was over on the stalking directory.