Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who’s got a 177 that shoots RWS pellets great - ?

Who’s got a 177 that shoots RWS pellets great - ?

Who’s got a 177that shoots RWS really well ?

My Chinese barrel Diana and my CP2 both do

Ironically I think I got them hoping so as had plenty of RWS pellets

Now I think I’d find something that shoots RWS well and stock up while the prices are not as potty as other brands

So: What chucks a tight RWS - ?
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

I've a mix of rifles & pellets. In general I find RWS a good pellet so I do use th a lot. Dome, flat or h/p all perform well.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

When I bought my 77k in the mid 80s I fed it .177 Superdomes and it was excellent. Much later I got a .177 S400 that liked JSB Exact 4.52 but was not quite as good with Superdomes so I switched the 77k to JSB to keep life simple as it was just as good as with the Superdomes. What I did notice was a quite different POI between Superdomes and JSB in my 77k.

Cheers, Phil

I use RWS Geco in pistols, and did try Superfield for a while as a cheap alternative, but found results varied greatly, good in my unfussy HW100, but terrible in other rifles

Put some Geco through my new (to me) HW95 and they were shot on shot accurate out to 25yd, and only started to open up at 35yd
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

I like RWS pellets. I used them pretty much exclusively from the late 70s (apart from Silhouettes) until about 7 or 8 years ago. In that time I used, and was very pleased with, Hobby and Superdome in .177 and .22.

In more recent years, after conducting more pellet testing, I've switched onto H&N FTT in a good few of my rifles. Whilst doing these tests, the Superdome did seem to, pretty much, match the JSB derived stuff in most of my rifles. The oft quoted poorer BC of the 'Dome can let it down at longer ranges, though.

I still use the Superdome and Hobby in a good few of my guns and remain happy with them - rifles and pistols in both the main calibres, and treat my 300S to the R10.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

[QUOTE=PCPShooter;8162089]Who’s got a 177that shoots RWS really well ?

My Chinese barrel Diana and my CP2 both do

Ironically I think I got them hoping so as had plenty of RWS pellets

Now I think I’d find something that shoots RWS well and stock up while the prices are not as potty as other brands

So: What chucks a tight RWS

The Diana 48 I have chucks RWS 177 and for that matter pretty well any decent pellet in the manner required.

My LGU, HW80, and Diana K98 all shoot .177 Superdomes well.
    My LG55, Anschutz 250 and BSA Cadet Major all use 8gr Meisterkrugeln
    I use the 7gr Meisterkrugeln in my pistols.

I stick with the tried and tested which are superdomes and Hobbys which in my mind are fairly priced and perform well in my rifles.

H&N and AA/JSB's also shoot well but the price is ott for all but the FTT.

RWS has brought out a new pellet. Superfield ultra heavy, has anyone tried these yet ?

RWS standard Superfield look just like Superdomes but without the ribbed skirt, does that make any difference
    Hw77+7

RWS have been the go-to pellets for Diana's through the years. There are always exceptions though. No gun I have likes the 9.3grn Supermag. Possibly a bit heavy for spring guns, they may be better in some PCP's.
    I find H&N's FTT that bit better than RWS Superdome & Superfield though across many different spring guns though. All three of these pellets perform very well in my Cometa 400.

1.77 Superdomes are very accurate through my Diana 34 and HW99s

I had a .177 Daystate X2 that shot 9.3grn Supermag wadcutters very well

The only issue was that they wouldn’t load from the magazine so I had to use the single-shot tray.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    My Daystate Pulsar will shoot .177 Superdome almost and I meant fractions of a mm the same as QYS Streamlined 8.48's.
    Id happily use either interchangeably, and there is an obvious price difference to consider also.

Kind Regards,
    Rhys
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

My Weihrauch HW30S and my Air Arms S400 both shoot spot on with RWS Meisterkugeln Pellets 8.2gr and also RWS R10 Match Pellets 8.2 Gr. These are, of course, flat head pellets as I mainly shoot at targets.

Hw40

My HW40 loves .177 Hollowpoints

My .177 HW80 loves them. Half inch groups at 25m is easy. They do tend to dip down a bit more at longer ranges than some other pellets though.