Thread: SMK P15 air cylinder diameter??

Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, South West Wales

SMK P15 air cylinder diameter??

Strange request but does anyone know, or able to measure the outside diameter of the Artemis /SMK P15 air tube??

I know this is a long shot but would be a great help!

Thanks

dia

the air tube on my p35 measures 32.02 mm outside. im fairly sure they use the same tube for all the p models. but i would check.

Thanks for that mate, it's the same diameter as my P10 then! I've got this idea to buy one to turn my Pp700 into a carbine

Hi let me know if you put one on thanks. Atb mick

nice idea ,i hope it works out for you , i watch with interest.

Slight update: I spoke to Bagnall and Kirkwood about this and initially they said they didn't know if it would fit but have now looked at the P15 cylinder and said they "don't think the threads are the same"

What's the consensus AirgunBBS? Shall I order one anyway in the hope it will fit?

Why not contact the manufacturer & ask them ?

I have just read recently about this "cant find where i read it !!" but it said that there cylinders are the same--BUT i cant find the article again now???

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    I have just read recently about this "cant find where i read it !!" but it said that there cylinders are the same--BUT i cant find the article again now???
    Was it my other thread titled "PP700 extended tube?" Perhaps? Someone commented on that saying that they thought the P15 had the same threads so I made this thread to try and gleam some more info on the P15 cylinder.

I don't know anyone with a P15 to try their tube but I do have a p10 to try, although there is a difference between the two tube right from the off as the P10 OB is 2mm wider and the air tube is titanium.

To anyone following this so far I've gleamed the below information on the thread sizes of the pp700 air tube, I measured my pistol and also my P10 Shorty to compare the thread measurements. I wasnt particularly hopeful the P10 tube would fit as it's a larger OD and is titanium rather than steel.

P10 Shorty air tube dimensions
    Tube OD = 34.85mm
    Tube ID (measuring the threads) = 30.00mm
    Thread pitch = 1.5

The PP700 air tube has the below measurements:
    Tube OD = 31.80mm
    Tube ID (measuring the threads) = 26.49mm
    Thread pitch= 1.0

Well guys the P15 tube arrived today and I'm extremely pleased to say that it is a direct fit for the PP700SA. Screwed straight on in place of the original tube and even the inlet and gauge fitting on the end screwed straight on.

No issues with o-ring engagement, pressure tested it and no leaks!

For those interested in doing this I bought the tube from Bagnall and Kirkwood, cost £68 plus post. A very nice gentleman from BBS is supplying me with a longer barrel and another very nice gentleman from the BBS is going to machine it for me. Looking forward to putting it all together and having an extremely light hunting rig with a ton of air

Great news , thanks for the update. i hope it all works out for you .

Maybe some pictures of it taking shape?.Atb mick

This is what I've got so far. Tube is fitted and holding air great, this is the new LW barrel for it but will be going away for machining next week. The barrel will fall short of the end of the cylinder by an extra couple of inches over what is shown in below image due to machining. I will shroud the barrel and have some internal baffles to suppress it a bit. I've recently bought a 3D printer so can make all the internal bits etc with that which is a huge help! I will be putting a Bob Patt fixed stock on it to complete. Hopefully be finished in about 3 weeks. It's incredibly light though!

Thanks looking good, keep us up to date. Atb mick