Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theoben Fenman sort of ironic rammer.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Is yours .22? If so what pellets do you use please.

Pete
    They all seem to love ft trophies mate

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    They all seem to love ft trophies mate
    I shall bring some with me, I wonder if the Excite Hammers work as well?
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I'm glad the ram came in handy bud, this to me tho shows spring is king as the diana 340 is so much nicer with the spring in as opposed to the ram, I have sleeved the port down to 3mm too but was nicer before.

Do love a theoben rammer tho.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    I'm glad the ram came in handy bud, this to me tho shows spring is king as the diana 340 is so much nicer with the spring in as opposed to the ram, I have sleeved the port down to 3mm too but was nicer before.

Do love a theoben rammer tho.
    I could quite easily have put in the spring kit I have but the ram I got from you slotted nicely into the HW90 rear guide and its all held together neatly, I'm tempted to put the spring kit in and try it but I think a bit of mass input from the bash boingerati is needed, especially if I can compare it to another proper Fenman rammer with the current drop in ram set up and I don't think it would take much to fit the spring kit at the bash just to see how it shoots and then tinker with it later if needed, I also wanted to try the drop in ram first to try and keep the gun a rammer for nostalgic reasons.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 06-08-2022 at 02:43 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I could quite easily have put in the spring kit I have but the ram I got from you slotted nicely into the HW90 rear guide and its all held together neatly, I'm tempted to put the spring kit in and try it but I think a bit of mass input from the bash boingerati is needed, especially if I can compare it to another proper Fenman rammer with the current drop in ram set up and I don't think it would take much to fit the spring kit at the bash just to see how it shoots and then tinker with it later if needed, I also wanted to try the drop in ram first to try and keep the gun a rammer for nostalgic reasons.

Pete
    Yes I get that bud and its fun to tinker, also I'm intrigued, did the ram fit and end up with a perfect couple of mm of preload or did you cut the guide until it was just right?

I don't fault you for trying it out as I have as much fun aying around with them as shooting them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    Yes I get that bud and its fun to tinker, also I'm intrigued, did the ram fit and end up with a perfect couple of mm of preload or did you cut the guide until it was just right?

I don't fault you for trying it out as I have as much fun aying around with them as shooting them lol.
    I just stuck it in and hoped for the best, I really wanted to see if the piston seal conversion I did was going to work, which it seems to have, the ram body seemed to fit snuggly in the HW90 rear guide and there was probably only about 10mm of the rear guide sticking out the cylinder, so just put it all in the big Sach clamp I use and then put the cross pin in after a couple of turns, I remember you shouldn't alter the piston ram rod on the Theoben drop in rams, so didn't touch this one either, it all seems to work well, not sure if any preload will damage the ram or not.

Pete

I just stuck it in and hoped for the best, I really wanted to see if the piston seal conversion I did was going to work, which it seems to have, the ram body seemed to fit snuggly in the HW90 rear guide and there was probably only about 10mm of the rear guide sticking out the cylinder, so just put it all in the big Sach clamp I use and then put the cross pin in after a couple of turns, I remember you shouldn't alter the piston ram rod on the Theoben drop in rams, so didn't touch this one either, it all seems to work well, not sure if any preload will damage the ram or not.

Pete
    To be honest I really don't know either but I'm sure your right about not altering the rod on the ram, glad it's worked out well bud.