Thread: Crosman 140 trauma !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crosman 140 trauma !

OK so after spending $60 on parts from canada that never came, trying to no avail to find a part, I ended up making a valve part out of a 1377 for my 140.
    BUT
    It is driving me mad, the QUAD seal....WTF am I doing wrong?? strip. fit, still a tiny leak through transfer port, repeated this 3 times now, driving me mad.
    Not damaging seal, so what????
    Help

a good chance the valve rear body spigot is worn and i've often had to mix and match bodies to exhaust valve caps to get them to work
    the quad can be a pain to fit and is even harder to make (not making another of those i spent all day getting one just right)
    i a;lso found not all quads are as good as others and i now only buy them from one company
    also check that the trigger isn't letting the block move back so the exhaust cap is only just on the spigot
    you can make a longer connecting bar if this is the case

Sorted :)

Thanks Ped, (without your info would not have even thought to use the 13xx part.)

OK so I sorted it, I read on a US forum that you can at a pinch use a 4x2 oring in place of the quad, I did it works very well !
    It is tighter on the spigot, but as Ped eluded to this oring is tighter so issue gone..with this spigot LOL

I used the spring from the 13xx as well as there is more volume in the valve now (longer internal dia : ) so old spring to short.
    Made custom pin to hold valve in place and JUST kept the rear oring out of the hole, keeping seal

GUN IS FINISHED phewwwww

glad you got it sorted
    i have plans to swap out the quad cap and steel port sleeve for a 1377 valve rear with a firing pin like a sharps

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    glad you got it sorted
    i have plans to swap out the quad cap and steel port sleeve for a 1377 valve rear with a firing pin like a sharps
    I've often wondered if it would be worthwhile fitting a 1377 rear valve body with a knob cocking hammer and the trigger unit off a QB79 ?

I have all the parts but I just never get around to it.

All the best Mick

With the 13xx back end with more volume it is giving 11ftlbs with 16gr at 7 pumps.
    How does that compare to standard?