Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Dave
    That’s a lovely looking Mercury S .
    Enjoy your Oldskool plinking session..
    Atb
    Les..
    Thanks Les, I will do. Hope you’re doing okay and enjoying life. This collecting has a lot to answer to! May make Kempton in September are you planning on going?

Quote Originally Posted by 4end View Post
    I had a Mercury Challenger (same action, beech stock) in 94. The buffer washer was never a problem as it was removed and the hole for the securing roll pin was redrilled, all to increase the swept volume. Removing the washer gave a little more power but not enough to push it over the limit and produced a smoother firing cycle.
    Yep I’ve seen that mod and it’s a good idea. The buffer was only really a problem in getting the old one out. It had disintegrated and gummed up the piston in the cylinder making it frustratingly difficult to remove.
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

Quote Originally Posted by Dai.T View Post
    Thanks Les, I will do. Hope you’re doing okay and enjoying life. This collecting has a lot to answer to! May make Kempton in September are you planning on going?

Yep I’ve seen that mod and it’s a good idea. The buffer was only really a problem in getting the old one out. It had disintegrated and gummed up the piston in the cylinder making it frustratingly difficult to remove.
    Hi Dave
    All good thanks, and I hope you and yours are all well and fine.
    Probably a no for Kempton ,we have moved house and there is still loads to do in the new place.
    I will be hopefully joining a airgun club in the near future,when time allows near to our new home.
    Keep safe and hope to see you soon..
    Atb
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Dave
    All good thanks, and I hope you and yours are all well and fine.
    Probably a no for Kempton ,we have moved house and there is still loads to do in the new place.
    I will be hopefully joining a airgun club in the near future,when time allows near to our new home.
    Keep safe and hope to see you soon..
    Atb
    Les..
    I know the feeling Les we moved 18 months ago and I just don’t seem to get the time for shooting as sorting house things out.
    Hope you settle in well and a local club is a bonus.
    No doubt we’ll catch up at some point.
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!