Thread: Pistol case for HW44 with moderator fitted?

Pistol case for HW44 with moderator fitted?

Can anyone recommend a hard pistol case that is the right size for a HW44 with the moderator and scope left fitted?

Cheers

Ed
    Last edited by capt hindsight; 04-08-2022 at 09:10 AM.

My HW44 came with the mod unscrewed in a 17" Flambeau pistol case. Way back in the day I had a Falcon FN8WG that was a similar sort of length and I used the case from a B&Q laser-level kit. I know that case fits the HW44 with mod as I had mine in it until I fitted a rifle stock. I've never seen anything similar intended for gun use and, of course, that laser-level kit is long discontinued.

Thanks for the info, I'd not thought to look in DIY stores for something suitable. The guns on order so I don't know the exact length yet, but pretty sure I will want to leave the moderator attached as I believe it's secured by some small grub screws (rather than a conventional screw on type of mod that fits onto a threaded barrel). From what I've read the grub screws are best with a bit of loctite on them and I can't think of any situation when I'd want to shoot it without the being mod fitted.

Ed

The grub screw fitting of the adaptor to the pistol is a faff, and not worth the time to undo it/do it up. Easy way out of this is to leave the adaptor attached to the pistol, and unscrew the outer cylinder of the silencer from the adaptor. The pistol and an attached 'scope, and the now separated tube of the silencer will easily fit into the large reasonably priced Flambeau pistol case
    Pick up your gun, shove a bullet up the spout
    It's the Major Dennis Bloodnok Rock'n' Roll Call Tango

+1 to that.
    My mate has an HW44 and he does the same thing, you're effectively taking the silencer apart but it does no harm.