I have two HW30's, one for the UK market, the other for the German market. Both have the Rekord trigger. The springs are different. I prefer the 'recoil' of the German market gun. I like the 30 because of the lightness, pointability (hope you know what I mean by that) and gentleness of recoil. I use the 30 for plinking, shooting HFT targets and 10m shooting.

Bizarrely, I really am asking for opinions, and what forms those opinions, of the 95/99S comparison. I hear/read that all HW springers need tuning - I don't hold with that based on my 30s, just needed a couple of tins to bed them in - but is that the case with the 95/99S and what works on them?

Oh dear, I already regret this... I use springers for fun and PCPs for accuracy - please don't hold that against me!

I'm far from any good with a springer, distinctly below average to poor. But I like shooting and believe the gun should add to the enjoyment. I'll be using it to plink and shoot tin targets on HFT courses (note I don't say 'shoot HFT').

Have at it lads and ladies.