Had a 99 in .177, in standard factory form it was so harsh that it shook a scope loose, something I have never known in years of shooting - it took a TbT kit and a shortened, softer Titan spring to get it down to around 10ft/lb and a bearable shot cycle and even then it just didn't feel right

Replaced with a 95 in .177, and not going to lie it was secondhand but factory standard when I got it, was running hot (around 12.5ft/lb) and even with a little more weight in the action, stock, and at the muzzle it was only slightly more composed than the 99 had been initially

It is however a much better made rifle; replaced the cocking link with a QR pin to make what I had anticipated would be the multiple strip and rebuilds to get it right easier.. in reality I stripped it once to clean it, fit a TbT guide, top hat and short stroke, was still a bit harsh and running at about 11.5ft/lb, so stripped it again and compressed standard spring by around 10mm (to offset the short stroke)

Now sat at around 10.5ft/lb, and with a shorter, heavier muzzle brake instead of the long, light HW moderator it shoots nicely.... slight disturbance to sight picture, and still experimenting with pellets (was good with QYS Streamlined when I got it, and now H&N FTT seem to be better) and happy enough with it that I've ordered a CS stock to add a little more weight and wood around the fore end

The 99 was a chance purchase when I was considering whether to go for a 99 or a 95, and even if the 95 I now have hadn't appeared for sale at a price I couldn't refuse it was never going to be a keeper