Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Ultra clx

BSA Ultra clx

I see the "First Edition" clx has been delivered to dealers today. Anyone on here get one? I have ordered one of the standard beech stock models so hopefully things are moving at last with delivery.

Clx

I was going to get a CLX but after reading a review and learning it didn't have a regulator and produced something like a 60 fps spread I decided to give it a miss.........why don't they stick a reg in it for what it costs and surely all would be good and they would sell loads more

Correct, for the money you would expect one, could retro fit though.
    Nice looking gun aswell, the lack of reg put me off too!

I agree, at the price it seems to be the one thing letting it down. I just hope its the only negative when they do appear.

Quote Originally Posted by markh29 View Post
    Correct, for the money you would expect one, could retro fit though.
    Nice looking gun aswell, the lack of reg put me off too!
    Yes very nice looking gun but I wouldn't want to pay £600 then have to send it to Ratworks to have it sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerphil View Post
    I ...why don't they stick a reg in it for what it costs and surely all would be good and they would sell loads more
    BSA regs are notoriously bad, just look at how many R10 owners have had trouble with there guns over the years.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    BSA regs are notoriously bad, just look at how many R10 owners have had trouble with there guns over the years.
    Yes I know they have bad history with the reg but you would have thought BSA would have this sorted there’s plenty of good reg options out there and they would sell loads more guns if they used 1 of them

I am reading elsewhere that BSA have now confirmed in writing that the CLX is now "in full production"
    That at least is good news for those waiting. Let's see what happens over the next week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerphil View Post
    I was going to get a CLX but after reading a review and learning it didn't have a regulator and produced something like a 60 fps spread I decided to give it a miss.........why don't they stick a reg in it for what it costs and surely all would be good and they would sell loads more
    Some people like regs some people don't as its more to go wrong. I assume that the 60 fps spread was over a full charge and no working out of the ideal fill pressure and sweet spot has been carried out. The old ultras and scorpions had no reg and they sold and worked well as does the AA S400. Adding a reg will add approximately £100 to the price so it won't be for nothing.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Yes it was obviously over a full charge but 60 fps for a £600 rifle

I'd rather pay £700 and have sub 10 fps over a full charge but that's just my opinion

And a sidelever.
    Also culdn't give a stuff about 12 shots, just another excuse for a manufacturer to make a few more quid unless the old mags can be retro fitted
    Plus I'm really pissed off as I just bought a ultra se at Christmas 😂
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Smile I bit the bullet...

Yep,, collecting my First Edition .22 tomorrow from City Airguns, can’t say I’m concerned about the regulator.

A rifle not having a regulator would never be a deal breaker for myself, a reg is not needed Air Arms has proven this, although they did buckle under pressure and dropped a reg in the ultimate sporter in the end.

We all know what can happen if you ignore market demand

Welcome to the forum, Alien70.

Enjoy this wonderful resource and your new rifle.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

In my opinion and probably in others too,I don't think the ultra clx needs a reg,60 shots in .177 and more in .22 is adequate enough