Thread: Sharps Ace

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sharps Ace

Anyone still shoot a Sharps Ace? Had one years ago, great gun shot well, even got Mr Bowkett to fit ceramic seals on mine, less pumps more performance etc. Sad to sell it, went towards a Pre charged Daystate. Are they still about and what do they go for these days.

Just finished refinishing one and it’s great to shoot, put a nice period scope on it and it’s a nice thing to get out and shoot when I don’t need full power in the back garden.
    Seen prices all over the place from £70 for a rough one to £180 to £200 plus for a good one.

I have also just bought another one to totally restore and it’s a total dog that someone has tried to make it do 3 million fps and re sealed it with a bike inner tube which didn’t work so they left it in what must have been a damp shed for the last 10 years rusting away till I bought it. It was cheap though………..

I wouldn't mind finding a cheap one to fix up now i do my own rust blueing. What are spares like, i am sure bits can be re machined.

i have a couple but finding cheap ones now is rare unless they're missing a vital component like the bolt plate which is virtually unobtainable
    value wise a vcg ace will be worth around 350 and poor working ones seem to be around 200

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    i have a couple but finding cheap ones now is rare unless they're missing a vital component like the bolt plate which is virtually unobtainable
    value wise a vcg ace will be worth around 350 and poor working ones seem to be around 200
    Brilliant tool the Sharp Ace and amongst the most accurate rifles in my little collection. I recently had to replace the flimsy bolt plate and got one from John Bowkett. He has quite a few taken off Aces that he did his bolt conversion on in the 1980's. Anything that was any good he never threw away.The pressure relief valve spring from these and the Innova were later used in the first few hundred Titan Manitous as a valve return spring

Another rifle to look out for for the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    Think I paid top price for one I have
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Thumbs up

Here's mine in .177" cal, Me mum bought it new for my birthday back in 1997 from Guns International at Stairfoot in Barnsley, It was apparently one of the last batch to enter our shores from Japan..

The stock is stained a very deep red and not as they used to be in walnut!!

Edited due to typo!

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 17-08-2022 at 09:49 PM.
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/