Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw100 shot count

Hw100 shot count

Hi my mate is looking to buy a hw 100, He's under the impression that hes gonna get more shots than what I thought, I had a hw100 in .22 cal seemed great for about 5/6 mags If I remember right , He's about to buy a 177 cal version, Can anyone actually confirm the shot count on a standard 177 cal hw100, No good telling him this and that with a 500 cc buddy conversion etc etc, Just a standard 177 cal hw100 More likely k version , Thanks.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I get 6 mags (78 shots) from my standard .22 HW100K so, that’ll be even less with a .177.
    Last edited by NewPaul; 10-08-2022 at 02:57 PM.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Full length or k, I'm sure I used to get about 120 for a full length. It will depend on power it's set at aswell. Atb mick

Thanks for the above , For some reason there always seem to be a big difference when this question is asked about the hw100 , I did tempt to buy the 110 and reviews on the tube was saying about 120 shots in 177 , When I phoned the gun shop to check stock and confirm the shot count I was told a good 40 odd in 177, Pre 12 in 177 vary from 40 to 120 shots, Just thought I'd ask and just clarify as it's not for me, But yes , left side of 12 and in 177 , I'd rather go with the k version to be on the safe side,

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    Full length or k, I'm sure I used to get about 120 for a full length. It will depend on power it's set at aswell. Atb mick
    That 177 or .22

It depends on the individual rifle. Mine is a great rifle but 4 or 5 mags tops in .177. Ratworks its now 9 or 10 mags. The HW100 reg - IMHO is the weakest link in a great rifle. They should have improved it by now TBH.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I did a 110 shot spread on mine, a .177K, started with gauge on top of fill line (200bar) was running around 9.7ft/lb, this crept up to 11ft/lb by shots 70 to 90, and then declined again to 9.7ft/lb by shot 100 - it had got down to the bottom of the green section (100bar) by shot 80, and this was with my cheap import chrono which under reads slightly (but consistently)

Obviously the regulator isn't as good as it could be, and its down a little on power, but at the 40/45yd max range I shoot at I notice very little change in POI over the 100bar between top and bottom of green band

To date have invested a lot of time (and some money) into getting my two springers running how I want them, so maybe winter project will be the HW100... so a trip to Ratworks as my technical ability with PCP stops at charging it, adjusting trigger and a smear of lubricant on filler probe seals!
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Manufacturers Quoted

Carbine .177 - 50 .22 - 75

Rifle .177 - 110 .22 - 140

Thats what we have on our list at the shop

I get 4 mags per fill (200 bar) from my K.

For me even though I passed my hw100 on many years ago the shot count was more to the decision. It was though very accurate, Obviously times have moved on so there are options to get more shots from this gun, At least I can give more info to my mate, Myself if a 200/280 cc bottle version came in then i would defo give the gun some thought, Anyone know if the problems regarding power creep, leaking and barrel problems are still being reported with the hw100, Thanks again.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    He hasn't been on here for years but one member fettled a K version so good he got full length shot count out of it.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    He hasn't been on here for years but one member fettled a K version so good he got full length shot count out of it.
    Strangely enough you would have though they would come out of production the best they could be , But most can be fettled to make them better , More enjoyment than the need.

Depends how welll you can balance the reg and the hammer and what power level your trying to achieve , I played about with mine for ages , went with a little less power , averaged 11 FPE with Exacts 8.44 , managed to get no spike when it came off reg, but when it did it was a massive drop

Shot 153 768 fps
    Shot 154 746 fps

Not a fluke , had several full cylinder string test while setting it up, all around 15 mags from a full cylider till it dropped of the reg , regardless of where the pressure guage was , some people shoot their's different and only ever follow their guage pressures, they shoot down to where green meets yellow , then stop, I do normally , but I know its got several more properly regulated shots in it If I needed them

HW100 S in .177 , quite happy at that power , I know I'm safe if I use Exact Heavies as they take the power up , I could re tweak it and get it slightly more consistant , but Its not bad as it is , normal Exacts don't seem to be the most consistant pellets anyway lately , I've been getting far better very low FPS spreads with Express pellets during testing just lately , Exact seem to be very hit and miss recently as well

Guess which pellets I have the most of

Quote Originally Posted by brk1 View Post
    Depends how welll you can balance the reg and the hammer and what power level your trying to achieve , I played about with mine for ages , went with a little less power , averaged 11 FPE with Exacts 8.44 , managed to get no spike when it came off reg, but when it did it was a massive drop

Shot 153 768 fps
    Shot 154 746 fps

Not a fluke , had several full cylinder string test while setting it up, all around 15 mags from a full cylider till it dropped of the reg , regardless of where the pressure guage was , some people shoot their's different and only ever follow their guage pressures, they shoot down to where green meets yellow , then stop, I do normally , but I know its got several more properly regulated shots in it If I needed them

HW100 S in .177 , quite happy at that power , I know I'm safe if I use Exact Heavies as they take the power up , I could re tweak it and get it slightly more consistant , but Its not bad as it is , normal Exacts don't seem to be the most consistant pellets anyway lately , I've been getting far better very low FPS spreads with Express pellets during testing just lately , Exact seem to be very hit and miss recently as well

Guess which pellets I have the most of
    Yes some pellets can make a difference , I was comparing falcon accuracy plus vs AA field diabolo and strangely enough the one with the worse spread was the more accurate, That's a great shot count though, Most of my PCP guns have been buddy bottle, That way I can take a few buddy bottles with me if I'm going to be shooting a lot of pellets ,

Totally agree , not in my PCP's but in one of my little 99s put an already open tin of Exacts through the 99 near enough a 20 fps spread , mainly caused by high or low odd shots rather than being all up and down, put some Express through it shortly afterwards using a Vortek seal

---------
    ---------
    nr = 10
    ---------

Doesn't look like I have the gun set up wrong for those pellets , more consistant than both my PCP's
    Good shot count as well