Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daystate Huntsman Revere sidelever .177

I have a walnut revere and i think its a thing of beauty, but iv had two issues with it since purchase which is a couple of years now, first was the shroud would rattle inside the band and according to daystate it was not excessive and refused to do anything about that so i purchased a huggett shroud and mod and all is good now, its slightly shorter and i think nicer looking, and the second is one of the pins on the mag door keeps trying to come out, every time i open and close the mag it works out slightly and then need tapping back, i suppose i could put some sort of lock tight on it one of these days ill have a good look at it, other than those two items the gun has been lovely to shoot and look at.
    phil.

Quote Originally Posted by cider glider View Post
    I have a walnut revere and i think its a thing of beauty, but iv had two issues with it since purchase which is a couple of years now, first was the shroud would rattle inside the band and according to daystate it was not excessive and refused to do anything about that so i purchased a huggett shroud and mod and all is good now, its slightly shorter and i think nicer looking, and the second is one of the pins on the mag door keeps trying to come out, every time i open and close the mag it works out slightly and then need tapping back, i suppose i could put some sort of lock tight on it one of these days ill have a good look at it, other than those two items the gun has been lovely to shoot and look at.
    phil.
    Think id be pretty pissed if i payed £1200 for a rifle and daystate refused to fix a rattling shroud.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Think id be pretty pissed if i payed £1200 for a rifle and daystate refused to fix a rattling shroud.
    I was but it was out of my control i even had to pay return postage, perhaps i should have asked for a refund i dont know.

Bit of black tape round the shroud, which is then covered by the barrel band, fixes in invisibly.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    Bit of black tape round the shroud, which is then covered by the barrel band, fixes in invisibly.
    This is the solution, the barrel band is supposed to have a tiny gap around it so you can get the shroud on/off without scratching it, which you could not do if it was a tight fit, so it's not a fault as such, it's the way it's designed, and 90% of people are happy with it. If your not though, just that one layer of black tape as mentioned has it silent for no cost a a few minutes of your time. When I've done it, I removed the shroud/barrel and put the tape on the inside of the barrel band, it's 100% sorted and totally invisible. Perhaps Daystate should have fitted an O ring here??
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired