Thread: Rekord trigger help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rekord trigger help

Hi have a hw 77 I’m having problems cock gun have to really push cocking leave really hard for trigger to engage safety catch will sometimes engage and other times will not I have 2 hw77 and I swapped triggers over so know there is something wrong with trigger trigger seams fine working it by hand off gun I have also tried cocking gun out of stock and it still dose the same have tried to adjust both screws on trigger but still dose the same can any one help please

Rekord trigger help

There is a little tab at the rear of the trigger casing,compere it to the trigger that works,the tab might be bent.

If its an older version, the grease solidifies and makes the safety stick sometimes.

Hi thanks for replies I took trigger unit off my other hw77 and made sure tab at rear were exactly the same would this make gun hard to cock cause have to really yank back with cocking leaver just to cock the thing sear dose not engage if I don’t I have watch the trigger while trying to cock gun and nothing happens in the trigger unit unless I really yank back on underleaver safety dose sometimes engage depending on how hard I pull leaver back cleaned out trigger with solvent spray then regreased yes think it is older model my other hw77 is totally different to cock thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mac1 View Post
    Hi thanks for replies I took trigger unit off my other hw77 and made sure tab at rear were exactly the same would this make gun hard to cock cause have to really yank back with cocking leaver just to cock the thing sear dose not engage if I don’t I have watch the trigger while trying to cock gun and nothing happens in the trigger unit unless I really yank back on underleaver safety dose sometimes engage depending on how hard I pull leaver back cleaned out trigger with solvent spray then regreased yes think it is older model my other hw77 is totally different to cock thanks
    You can get a similar experience if the middle sear is a fraction too close to the top sear, hard to explain, but obvious when you see it. If this is something that has just started to happen it could be indicative of some damage.

I’d start with flushing out the old grease and re-lubing though.

If you don’t get any further forward with this I’d be happy to have a look at the unit itself, they aren’t particularly difficult triggers to work on.

Not sure if you've tried the other trigger in troublesome action. If not it maybe the action mainspring is coil bound requiring extra force to latch the rod.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    You can get a similar experience if the middle sear is a fraction too close to the top sear, hard to explain, but obvious when you see it. If this is something that has just started to happen it could be indicative of some damage.

I’d start with flushing out the old grease and re-lubing though.

If you don’t get any further forward with this I’d be happy to have a look at the unit itself, they aren’t particularly difficult triggers to work on.
    will have another go mate but if you could take a look for me that would be great would pay you thanks for your help mate

Quote Originally Posted by wil95k View Post
    There is a little tab at the rear of the trigger casing,compere it to the trigger that works,the tab might be bent.

The cause of many a hair-pulling-out session.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

The cause of many a hair-pulling-out session.
    yes I know I had a 80 ones safety was a nightmare on it they are good triggers when they are working properly cheers mate

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Quote Originally Posted by mac1 View Post
    yes I know I had a 80 ones safety was a nightmare on it they are good triggers when they are working properly cheers mate
    Worked on lots over 30 years until on one I had managed to twist the lug a touch. Well done my head in until I sussed it out.
    Reminder, must repair dents in front room wall.
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.