Thread: Fill bottle question…

Fill bottle question…

Hi all,

I’ve just got hold of a 300 bar fill bottle to use instead of a pump. Do I need to use PTFE
    Plumbers tape to connect the threaded connector on the end of my foster connector fill
    hose to the fill bottle?

Thanks ,

JP

Quote Originally Posted by JonnieP View Post
    Hi all,

I’ve just got hold of a 300 bar fill bottle to use instead of a pump. Do I need to use PTFE
    Plumbers tape to connect the threaded connector on the end of my foster connector fill
    hose to the fill bottle?

Thanks ,

JP
    I've never used it , while filling if the gage needle stays still then its not losing any air, Plus no chance of tape getting into the gun, More so if changing adapters for different guns, I've know people to use it , I've never and never had the need to,

No need to use Ptfe tape ..as it’s probably a taper fitting.
    hth

Quote Originally Posted by JonnieP View Post
    Hi all,

hose to the fill bottle?

Thanks ,

JP
    No you should not need to use PTFE on any gas fitting because there should be either: a brass to brass contact seal like a taper or convex to concave mateing face, a rubber seal in a flat machined face like a 300bar Din fitting,
    or an external bonded washer.

If you have the best fittings quick coupler the female half of the foster has a brass male thread with a concave chamfer at the end,
    the end of the fill hose will either be free spinning with a convex cone inside to mate against the concave chamfer, or it will be fixed solid to the hose in which case you need a bonded washer to go over the brass male thread.

I hope that makes sense as It's hard to know what knowledge the other person has.

Thanks all, looks like I wont be shopping for ptfe tape then…

JP
    Last edited by JonnieP; 10-08-2022 at 05:42 PM.

Never used, never needed. I have several rifles with a whip for each plus a buddy bottle adaptor plus an early HW100 tube adaptor. My adaptors are screwed on finger tight then pinched up with spanners to the whip. Finger tight into the bottle, if it leaks a bit more but never spannered into the bottle.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

ive never used it