Thread: Pro Sport underlever question

Pro Sport underlever question

Does anyone know if there is any lateral adjustment on the underlever of a 20 year old Pro Sport? It's not a major issue but it's catching the stock slightly on one side at the front of the rifle.
    Many thanks.

Not sure if there is any adjustment as I've never had a need to strip mine. I have sent a copy of the user manual to the email address listed in your profile. There is an exploded diagram on page 7. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Not sure if there is any adjustment as I've never had a need to strip mine. I have sent a copy of the user manual to the email address listed in your profile. There is an exploded diagram on page 7. Hope this helps
    Thank you very much Ken. I'll pull it apart at the weekend and see if there's anything I can do.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    The stock screws on both sides can adjust this gap slightly.

I have 2 pro sports and you have to balance the 4 stock screws to get an even gap.

My guess is the side that is touching has the stock screws too tight.

Just undo them half or quarter turn and it should open the gap.

Then tighten the other side the same amount until the gap is even on both sides.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    The stock screws on both sides can adjust this gap slightly.

I have 2 pro sports and you have to balance the 4 stock screws to get an even gap.

My guess is the side that is touching has the stock screws too tight.

Just undo them half or quarter turn and it should open the gap.

Then tighten the other side the same amount until the gap is even on both sides.
    Brilliant. That makes sense and means I don't have to strip the gun down if it works. Thank you very much.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah, you can just shim between the stock and the mounting bracket for the stock screw. once you have it right, fix the shim to the bracket with loctite, makes it much easier to assemble/disemble..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yeah, you can just shim between the stock and the mounting bracket for the stock screw. once you have it right, fix the shim to the bracket with loctite, makes it much easier to assemble/disemble..
    Thanks Jon.

Thank you all for your help.
    I started with the simplest suggestion which was Murphy's and Jon's. Bingo, it's all central now without having to strip it down.
    Great result.