Thread: Giving up PCP's to go back to springers

Giving up PCP's to go back to springers

I, like a lot of people during lockdown got back into airgunning and ended up with a collection of five PCP's. These were great but I eventually got fed up of going to get the cylinder filled and O ring problems and how easy they are to shoot. For these reasons I've decided to go back to springers and picked up a nice second hand .22BSA Lightning tactical. I know they don't have a very good reputation but have always liked the look of them. I finally got to shoot it tonight and am pretty pleased, it's a bit twangey but a very consistant 11.15 with RWS super fields. I had five shots to zero the scope then ten shots at the target at 25yds. I don't think this is too bad and it's the first springer I have shot since my .177 cadet thirty five years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry, can a mod put this post in the general section please.

Nice one, Andy.. And very well done on coming back to springers and enjoying their character, challenge and self-contained simplicity.

Try out a few more "known quality" pellets to see if results improve further and establish your rifle's / barrel's preferred diet. Get to know your rifle and really "get into it" and that buzz and feeling of being at one should build even more.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

cant beat a good springer