Thread: Danger to life and limb.

Danger to life and limb.

So just to be sure everyone is clear this is no joke. Just recently a gunshop was presented with an air rifle with pellets stuck down the barrel. The shop did what most would do and tried rodding the barrel. Unfortunately for the worker concerned i am led to believe the customer failed to tell the shop he had purchased some Russian exploding pellets from E-bay. The consequences were that the heads quite literally exploded during the process and the corresponding injuries were, whilst not life threatening thankfully this time, certainly warranted some hospitalisation to remove various bits of what can only be described as shrapnel. This is a warning to the wise not to use these things. They may be appealing but if it goes wrong then there can be consequences. I am at a loss how an individual would want to put exploding ammunition down an air rifle barrel but clearly Darwins theory of evolution is flawed for the individual concerned. Over the years i have removed hundreds if not thousands of pellets from air rifles and not even given it a though that the barrel will explode. I have removed live shotgun shells and centrefire ammunition from barrels/breeches without any incident as i am clear in what i am doing and am aware that it is live ammunition.
    Be careful out there because there is unfortunately persons that just don't realise the potential consequences of their actions. Be careful if you help a friend out as they may not realise they are putting you at risk. Whilst discussing this incident instore a customers first comment was i wonder if they would work on rats and rabbits. Just about says it all.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    to not tell the shop was reckless in the extreme. I hope the individual concerned will somehow be held accountable for their actions.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Terrible! Is pyrotechnic ammo allowed in the UK?

Sad and maddened.:
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Didn't I read this a few weeks ago ?
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Terrible! Is pyrotechnic ammo allowed in the UK?
    no... but for me that far less of an issue than not telling the gunshop !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    no... but for me that far less of an issue than not telling the gunshop !
    Agree totally! But an employee has been injured and not insignificantly. One would assume the owner could expect a call from plod with potentially serious consequences.

The usual way is to find cases like this and use them as grounds for tighter control. In this case a prosecution using existing rules could deter others

yeah, agreed...

They could be the Kvintor or Blik pellet on the bay of evil Not withstanding their pyro effect we should be boycotting them anyway if they are russian

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Didn't I read this a few weeks ago ?
    Pretty sure I did as well
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

not good that

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post
    Pretty sure I did as well
    You didnt dream it, nor did I
    https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...ight=exploding

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    They could be the Kvintor or Blik pellet on the bay of evil Not withstanding their pyro effect we should be boycotting them anyway if they are russian
    And boycotting Chinese stuff too?

Good point Yes