Thread: Walther terrus/classus

Walther terrus/classus

Does anyone know the difference on these two rifles? I've had a dig around online and all I can find is that the classus maybe has a better barrel?

Also what is the trigger like on these? I'm okay with triggers and not a pure trigger snob I think the quattro is nice as is say a remington express once fettled but I can't stand the gamo trigger and clones like the xs19 and hatsan striker etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    Does anyone know the difference on these two rifles? I've had a dig around online and all I can find is that the classus maybe has a better barrel?

Also what is the trigger like on these? I'm okay with triggers and not a pure trigger snob I think the quattro is nice as is say a remington express once fettled but I can't stand the gamo trigger and clones like the xs19 and hatsan striker etc.
    Had my Terrus for 9 years. The synthetic stock version is very ergonomic and the rifle is accurate and mild mannered. Can't comment on the Classus. Trigger wise, it has an adjustable first stage and mine breaks consistently. A few comments about trigger creep online, and a few about the composite trigger blade (but it's never bothered me).

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Had my Terrus for 9 years. The synthetic stock version is very ergonomic and the rifle is accurate and mild mannered. Can't comment on the Classus. Trigger wise, it has an adjustable first stage and mine breaks consistently. A few comments about trigger creep online, and a few about the composite trigger blade (but it's never bothered me).

I will have to try one I think, I regret not doing so when they were readily available.

I have a Terrus Maxus.
    It came with a very large rapid style slip on silencer . I have since had the barrel screw cut .
    They are pretty straightforward to work on , although care is needed when putting the trigger block back .
    As with any thing they benefit from a light polish . Mine is also sleeved .
    I have no issues with the trigger and find it as good as most other springers that I’ve had in that bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    I have a Terrus Maxus.
    It came with a very large rapid style slip on silencer . I have since had the barrel screw cut .
    They are pretty straightforward to work on , although care is needed when putting the trigger block back .
    As with any thing they benefit from a light polish . Mine is also sleeved .
    I have no issues with the trigger and find it as good as most other springers that I’ve had in that bracket.

Sounds promising then, will keep my eyes peeled for sure, I think the classus is a nice looking rifle.

There’s a Terrus on Gun*

Cheers I did see that one but I would prefer a wood stock.

Terrus classus

Shop near me has both in wood stocks. I asked the same question couple of weeks ago and still has no idea of difference between the two apart from the price

Quote Originally Posted by Leepelletb View Post
    Shop near me has both in wood stocks. I asked the same question couple of weeks ago and still has no idea of difference between the two apart from the price
    Yes I can't find any definitive answers either apart from maybe the classus has a slightly nicer stock and a couple of Insh short barrel.

It’s the same apart from the different style stock and slightly different cocking link IIRC .

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    It’s the same apart from the different style stock and slightly different cocking link IIRC .
    Thanks for the info bud.

I read that the 2 stock screws near to the trigger are a perfect length when the gun is new and fitted with a wooden stock but with age the screws can be wound in a fraction tighter / further and adversely effect the trigger so a simple fix to prevent this was to fit a thin washer. Hadn't heard of this being an issue with synthetic stocks. I cannot remember where I read this other than it was an American site.