Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budget Pellets are Crap and warrant a rant

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I've never found a single rifle over all the years I've been shooting that liked Accupels, complete waste of money.

Recently was trying to work out why Karen's HW30 wouldn't group with the recommended JSB RS's and was passed a tin of Excite Hammers to try by Tone at the bash and it instantly became a smile inducing machine that has given Karen the confidence to aim it at targets which should be out of reach for said rifles power and her skill level but she hits them with gusto and the excitement of a child at a fairground when they spin, now those pellets are at the moment just under six quid a tin for 250 (posted to my door) compared to sixteen quid a tin for 500, cant complain about that.

Pete
    Blimey; those Hammers haven't half shot up in price, Pete.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Blimey; those Hammers haven't half shot up in price, Pete.
    The only place I could find them was a guy called the Wolf man off of the bay.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Bought some Eley Wasps about 10 years ago. Almost felt sorry for the poor misshapen perishers. It was hard to tell the pellets from the all swarf that was in the tin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    The only place I could find them was a guy called the Wolf man off of the bay.

Pete
    Yep, JSR are out of stock at the moment, Pete. I hope that once they have them again they're cheaper than what you've had to pay. I seem to remember them being around £3.50 per tin of 250 previously, although we'd be expecting an increase on that these days.

The other one to try in the 30, as previously mentioned, is the RWS Hobby. Cheap and light. Many of my springers love the Hobby.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Budget crap

Posted this before somewhere and I imagine many budget cheap pellets are crap.
    I think anyone who saw or used the old smk spitfires would know absolute junk.
    Had some pointed spits once from car boot sale £2 decade ago maybe had a stem on point like a lead from pencil.terrible.

The milbro Caledonian I had from a shop decade plus ago were fantastic in springers I remember.
    Shooting in lockdown saw many top brands out of stock. So I bought smk victory shock heavy in .22.
    Not only were they well made simular to bis mags they were single hole in fantastic in rws barrels for me.

Recently tried smk spitfire dome new type.Not as well made as victory but surprisingly enough single hole in pcp again despite being a tad swarfy.
    Not so fab in Springer.

Victory implode are excellent too,flats are ok as good as most I have to compare.

So In summary the spitfires in .22 are ok worth a punt for pcp ,softer lead bit swarfy deformed skirts but find them cheap try if you like buy.

The victory shock in .22 ,dome implode are excellent and the shock heavy are fantastic for me.
    Whilst they were so cheap compared to others of same accuracy costing twice or more times as much I bought enough.

The next box arrive today including shock 177.
    Not tested yet but love victory in .22.

Shot 1000s eley wasps decades ago they were sweet.last I had heard ago maybe 10 or so we're very poor compared.
    Last edited by original45; 15-08-2022 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by original45 View Post
    Posted this before somewhere and I imagine many budget cheap pellets are crap.
    I think anyone who saw or used the old smk spitfires would know absolute junk.
    Had some pointed spits once from car boot sale £2 decade ago maybe had a stem on point like a lead from pencil.terrible.

The milbro Caledonian I had from a shop decade plus ago were fantastic in springers I remember.
    Shooting in lockdown saw many too brands out of stovk. So I bought smk victory shock heavy in .22.
    Not only were they well made simular to bis mags they were single hole in fantastic in rws barrels for me.

Recently tried smk spitfire dome new type.Not as well made as victory but surprisingly enough single hole in pcp again despite being a tad swarfy.
    Not so fab in Springer.

Victory implode are excellent too,flats are ok as good as most I have to compare.

So I'm summary the spitfires in .22 are ok worth a punt for pcp ,softer lead bit swarfy deformed skirts but find them cheap try if you like buy.

The victory shock in .22 ,dome implode are excellent and the shock heavy are fantastic for me.
    Whilst they were so cheap compared to others of same accuracy costing twice or more times as much I bought enough.

The next box arrive today including shock 177.
    Not tested yet but love victory in .22.

Shot 1000s eley wasps decades ago they were sweet.last I had heard ago maybe 10 or so we're very poor compared.

Hi, maybe some of your experience would be more useful in my other thread - ?

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...Marksman-SMK-s

I started two at same time (see my thread starting posts on each) and sadly the 'negative' thread seems more popular than the helpful one !!
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34