Thread: PP700SA fill valve question.

PP700SA fill valve question.

Hello
    Please forgive if this has been done to death but I can't find it (aged and not very computer literate).
    My PP700SA fills fine from my dive cylinder if the pistol pressure gauge shows pressure in the pistol is very low (half way down the yellow) but if I try to top it up whilst it is still in the green, it won't take air and I dry fire it until it will accept air. It used to top up, but not terribly reliably, now it won't at all. The gun is over a year old and otherwise fine (subject to me replacing far eastern 'O' rings and fitting a Huma reg.
    Yes, I have well over 200 bar in the dive cylinder, so plenty of pressure available. The problem is not the fill probe but seems to be a sticky one way valve into the pistol air receiver.
    I had a quick look but short of removing a slot headed screw that faces into the receiver, I can't see anything of the valve.
    Does removing the slot head screw allow me to remove and re-lube the fill valve?
    No problem is new and I am sure that others have had this problem so some will know of a fix; Pretty please!

Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, South West Wales
    I can't say I've encountered this problem with mine but I did recently take the fill/gauge fitting off of the cylinder and yes under that flat head is a spring and a valve. Are you certain it's not just a problem with the guage? I've known Artemis/SMK guns to have faulty gauges in the past, some reading considerable less or sometimes more than the actual pressure in the cylinder, maybe something to check out?

the non return is simply the screw and o ring
    possibly the gauge on the gun isn't accurate

Thanks people.
    My gauge pretty much agrees with the dive cylinder gauge, and when the gun gets low, I can feel it in the shooting.
    I got brave and removed the slot headed screw and as Ped said, the screw has an o ring behind. The screw is tapped into the fill port and has two opposite flats on the threads which allows air to flow passed. There seems to be a shoulder under its head and the o ring effectively sits in a sort of groove when everything is assembled.
    I think that incoming air simply lifts the o ring a bit which seats again when the flow stops and pressure keeps it sealed. The exploded view on various web pages now makes sense to me. A really simple valve.
    Mine seemed dry so I lubed the o ring with o ring grease and it has worked flawlessly on half dozen fills since.
    Thanks for your help, just what a forum is for!
    Hal.