Thread: HW40 pellets choice?

HW40 pellets choice?

Hi, my HW40 isn't that pellet fussy, it likes RWS H-point, Jsb express, Crossman Premier hollowpoint and Bisley practice.

However I feel I've never really found the perfect pellet for it, so would love some more recommendations, what you using?

Cheers

Ed

Hi Ed,

The best pellets I’ve ever used with the HW40 were some JSB Match Diablo Light Weight in 4.48mm head size.

Completely by chance these pellets came with a HW40 purchase and they were superb so I’m assuming the previous owner had done his homework or struck lucky.

I’ve usually always preferred the usual bigger stated head sizes on pellets but that’s usually with rifles and was a tad dubious with the 4.48mm but they really were absolutely superb.

I did try to find some to order but could only find 4.49mm at the time and I think from our sponsors JSR but that pistol and pellets are long gone now.

Nowadays I would just use the usual RWS R10 Match or Hobbies etc

Interesting, the JSB express I have here perform consistently well in most gun but whilst ok, aren't anything to write home about in the HW40, they are 4.52, I will check out some narrower sized pellets 👍

Hobbies are always worth a try.
    I've had good results with the cheapie Geckos too.

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Thumbs up

RWS Meisterkugeln work well in my. 22 P17 which is a Chinese copy of the HW40.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Flat heads ,hobbys.
    HW 77K .22,Gammo Hornet .22 BSA 3-9 x 50 Night light ,HW 40 .177,Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 multi shot, Beeman P17 .177 red dot sight ,SMK CP2 co2 with Hawk 3-9 x 50.Slingshots PPMG+TTF PPMG mk 2 ott PPMG ott Original custom made solid Bronze, Number 15 of 20

Last tin of Hobbies I had were ridiculously wide, not sure if that's normal these days but they got binned. They were so wide they jammed in the tube magazine of my little Gamo shadowmatic, and also jammed in the barrel of the Gamo compact I owned at the time. I've not looked at them since, no idea what was going on with them.

Been using the 7,33grs JSB RS in mine with great results.
    Light low friction pellets are faster out the barrel, and thereby easier to shoot well.
    Too many airguns!

I've only ever used the RWS Hobby in mine from day one. They perform that well that I've never been tempted to look elsewhere.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Rws r10

RWS Geco... I've found them to have an edge on Hobby in everything I've tried them in, last match pistol I had (Hammerli AP20), current HW40 and HW70 and the PP700SA I've just sold
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Mine feeds on Geco's never had a problem with them, most of my pistols love them, great for the price, had some good results with the cheaper Econ's as well.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    Hobbies are always worth a try.
    I've had good results with the cheapie Geckos too.
    Same here gecos @ €4 at tin 500 why not

I wish I was at the stage of pellet testing my HW40. I find that it's me that lets the gun down and not the pellet.

H&N excite econ