Thread: Webley Hawk

Webley Hawk

I've been given a rather sad Webley Hawk and feel morally obliged to try and resurrect it without spending any proper money on it.
    I think its a Mark 1 or 2 (it has both barrels) What's the distinguishing feature?
    Most of the trigger group is missing, most notably the sear which appears to be unavailable, happy to make one if anyone can provide a drawing or template (maybe there is a substitute part)?
    Anyone found a decent photo/drawing of a disassembled Hawk that would provide a clue on how to put it together? (especially trigger group and rear site) ?

Not the most glamorous of beasts but it deserves a chance so any help appreciated
    Nigel

Strip guides for the Hawks in Idiots Guide posts 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20.

Chambers have a couple of pictures that may help.

From memory, they are pretty easy to work on.
    Cheers, Phil

If I remember correctly, the Mk1 has a different trigger mechanism from the later Mk's?
    The later shares trigger with the Vulcan/Xocet/Victor/Tracker etc.
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I've been given a rather sad Webley Hawk and feel morally obliged to try and resurrect it without spending any proper money on it.
    I think its a Mark 1 or 2 (it has both barrels) What's the distinguishing feature?
    Nigel
    On the MK1 the barrel is held in the breech by a cam lock that runs left to right through the breech block --- there's a slot in the end of the cam to turn it.

On the MK2 the barrel is threaded and screws into the breech block and is locked with a grub screw situated in the top of the breech block.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    On the MK1 the barrel is held in the breech by a cam lock that runs left to right through the breech block --- there's a slot in the end of the cam to turn it.

On the MK2 the barrel is threaded and screws into the breech block and is locked with a grub screw situated in the top of the breech block.

All the best Mick
    Brilliant, MK1 it is. Many thanks

Parts drawing

In Dennis Hiller's Air Rifles book a parts drawing and a bit of information can be found.

image.jpg

I'm just wondering if the later trigger group can be made to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    image.jpg

I'm just wondering if the later trigger group can be made to fit.
    Looks like they are significantly different. Trigger and sear shape and the mk 2 employs a system pivoting on three pins where as the mk 1 has 2 pins.