Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frank Korn (Frakor)

I'm very sorry to hear this. Frank was always willing to help and share his immense knowledge.

I shall miss you my friend. The world is a poorer place with your passing.

RIP.

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

That’s extremely sad. He was one of the good guys. RIP

Nothing to add, all been said here
    R.I.P. Frank

Very much enjoyed looking at the photos of Frank's stunning collection over the years.
    My condolences to Frank's family and friends.
    RIP
    Les..

I hope good new custodians of Franks wonderful collection will be found. I hope his loved ones are doing OK
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

A couple of things Frank sent me out of the blue:

This:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ies/#post-1685

and these:

and he helped me get this from the US (via Netherlands):

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    A couple of things Frank sent me out of the blue:

This:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ies/#post-1685

and these:

and he helped me get this from the US (via Netherlands):

That’s a true friend sorry

indeed,Frank had great knowledge and was very helpful,I'd noticed he'd not posted for sometime and am sad to hear this news.had a few pms with Frank regarding some vintage german rifles,always willing to lend a hand.

RIP Frank. Condolences to his family

Rest in peace, Frank. My condolences to the family.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Rest in peace Frank. Frank helped me many times with repairing and improving my springers. I also bought my Crosman Trapmaster via Frank, and it was nice to meet him.

I unfortunately knew Frank only slightly, mostly through our mutual friend Gaines Blackwell in Alabama. But always a supremely knowledgeable and helpful gentleman! It's hard to imagine his collection of European airguns has any peers. His loss is like the proverbial library burning down.

A loss to the vintage airgun community. I eagerly read and really enjoyed his very interesting posts and photos of his collecton. His vintage airgun tastes were impeccable. Fairly recently he purchased a Bsa Junior from me and when chatting, it turned out I had sent him a Meteor Cadet to Holland about 20 years ago too. International postage was a lot of phaff back then, but he patiently guided me through what seemed a major undertaking and I remember thinking what decent chap he was all those years ago..
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    A loss to the vintage airgun community. I eagerly read and really enjoyed his very interesting posts and photos of his collecton. His vintage airgun tastes were impeccable. Fairly recently he purchased a Bsa Junior from me and when chatting, it turned out I had sent him a Meteor Cadet to Holland about 20 years ago too. International postage was a lot of phaff back then, but he patiently guided me through what seemed a major undertaking and I remember thinking what decent chap he was all those years ago..
    Morgan many years ago I sent Frank this AA Carmargue that you see here on the wall (middle, bottom) with stock attached, in one piece. I packed it really well but somehow - and I never understood how - the trigger was bent almost closed! The trigger guard was still on it and, like the rest of the rifle, untouched. A complete mystery! Fortunately Frank managed to straighten it pretty well. He didn't say if the box was damaged.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Sorry to hear that Frank has passed away. I knew Frank in person, a very kind person and recently had the opportunity to admire his beautiful collection. Rest in peace Frank.