Thread: Springer fan

Springer fan

Hi everyone,
    I've got the air rifle bug a couple of years ago. It then developed into a fairly serious obsession with tuned springers. The first one I bought it possibly still my favourite. The SFS tuned HW98 grey laminate in .177. Its so slick to cock and shoots really sweet.

I'll add a picture of it as soon as I have permission to

Regards,

Mark

welcome to the forum mark nice gun you have there

Cool

Thank you.

The rest of the current springer collection is:

Sandwell Field Sports Imp Mk2 (a tuned and customised HW99, my only .22). Now housed in a CS700
    HW97 with Nick Gibney light alloy 22mm piston conversion. 'Stainless' .177 action sitting in CS800
    TX200HC with Tony Leach 22mm skirtless piston conversion, and magnetic latch. Air Arms Walnut stock
    Walther LGU with Tony Leach 21mm skirtless piston conversion

All have Optisan CP scopes. I have a couple of fixed 10x 32, and three 3-12x 32

I'll post some pics when I am granted permission to.

I was out with the LGU at the range today and around the HFT course. It was absolutely brilliant, so that one is my favourite today

I guess I should mention the PCPs

First is the Air Arms S510R Ultimate Sporter in .177. I went for the black soft touch one after trying all three stocks in my local RFD. I guess I scratch my walnut and laminate itches elsewhere. Fantastic gun. It's been fitted since new with a Hawke Airmax 30 FFP SF 4-16X50 with the AMX IR RETICLE.

The second one was bought for the wife for Christmas 2020
    That's a HW110KT. The laminate carbine is a small, light and pretty rifle. It has since been to HW100 Tuning for a full service and tune plus their extended titanium cylinder. That brought the shot count up from ~55 to ~85 and took 150g of weight from the front of an already light gun. I've tried a few scopes on this rifle: Vector Veyron 3-12x44 FFP, Optisan CP 3-12x32, Immersive Optics 10x40 with the extended mildot reticle and now the MTC SWAT Atom 10x30 with the SCB2. The small prismatics really suite this lightweight compact build. In it's final state it is as expensive as the Ultimate Sporter. There is nothing to choose between them accuracy wise, so it is down to compact (HW110) vs gun fit (Air Arms with that adjustable cheek piece). I slightly favour the Airm Arms, my wife and son (nearly 18 years old and over 6 foot) both prefer the HW. The grey squirrels, who used to live in our garden, really hate the HW110!

Both great rifles, but the springers get all the love!

Welcome Mark, I agree there is something special about springers.
    HFT500, Tilly Hamster, PR-S Buttpad, Optisan CP 10x32
    TX200HC, Tony Leach 21mm kit, Form Chieftain Stock, Optisan CP 10x32
    HW100KT, Hawke Vantage 4-16x50, Pard NV007

Thanks 5panner.

Any pics of the TL TX200 in the Form stock?
    I had an order in for an LP Tac2 for 9 months before cancelling it as they weren't responding. A Form stock would be lovely, but I think I would be afraid to take it out the house!

How do you find the differences between the CP fixed and variable mag?

Thanks

A.